SOFRECO is a leading company in consultancy and technical assistance for sustainable economic and social development. Using tested and approved products, methodologies and tools, it provides quality services with tangible results. SOFRECO's priority is to ensure that the beneficiaries accept and adopt these results, through flexible, practical and adapted solutions, and to create a dynamic of participative, lasting change in a multitude of sectors and countries throughout the world. This dynamic aims to develop expertise and lead to the better allocation and management of available resources.
SOFRECO practises three complementary professions: consultancy, engineering and training. Our assignments, most of which fall within the scope of programmes for sustainable development and poverty reduction, cover numerous fields:
- agriculture, rural development and food aid;
- the environment, natural resource management and mining;
- industrial engineering, essentially in agribusiness and fertiliser chemistry;
- infrastructures, transport, urban planning, energy and telecommunications;
- good governance and public management, management of the economy, strengthening of the legislative framework and legal system;
- education, vocational training and social development;
- health and social policy;
- the development of the private sector.
Our innovative vision of development assistance, the multisectoral and multicultural experience of our different professions, our proven capacity to implement complex, technical assistance projects developed over 40 years, and our decisive participation as a vector for sustainable change in transition and developing countries, have enabled us to become a privileged partner of the major international cooperation and development aid institutions, particularly the European Commission, the World Bank, regional development banks and bilateral donors.
SOFRECO also works directly with private clients in the fields of chemicals, fertilisers, agribusiness and agriculture.
Constantly expanding, SOFRECO has carried out more than 2000 assignments in over 130 countries in Western and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Turkey, the Caucasus, North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, East and South Africa, Central and South Asia, Latin America, the Caribbean and the Pacific, in close collaboration with institutional beneficiaries, the private sector and civil society. SOFRECO provides solutions to the specific needs of each project, taking into account best practises and efficient use of aid.