|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Supervision of studies, supplies and construction works for transmission, distribution and rural electrification networks (PRETD) (2018-2019)
The objective of the Power Transmission and Distribution Networks Reinforcement Project (PRETD) is to develop and reinforce the power transmission and distribution facilities defined hereafter:
- creation of the Bingerville 220/20kV substation and restructuring of the Bingerville MV network;
- doubling of the Soubré-San Pedro 225 kV line and related works at the 225 kV substations of Soubré and San Pedro;
- construction of the Duékoué-Zagné 225 kV line, of the 225/33 kV substations of Duékoué and Zagné, and of the 33 kV Zagné-Taï line, and restructuring of the MV networks of Duékoué, Zagné and Taï;
- rural electrification of 252 localities, contributing to a rise in coverage in the country's west zone (Montagnes District) of 26.45%, i.e. a national increase of 3 points.
French Development Agency
Development of training programmes in line with the skills-based approach and of tender documents for the purchase of equipment under the PAFISAM project (2018-2020)
PAFISAM aims to support the integration of young people and to provide a qualified workforce for Guinea's growth sectors, namely mining and agriculture and the associated upstream and downstream activities, by setting up effective initial and continuing training solutions and measures fostering the transition to employment.
In this framework, SOFRECO is providing METFPET with a team of experts in training design and equipment procurement to reform 18 vocational training paths at BTS [higher technician's diploma] and CAP [vocational training certificate] levels, in the industrial and agricultural fields.
Consultancy for the identification of alternative livelihoods under FishCC (2018)
FishCC is a climate change adaptation project with a focus on natural resources and capacity building for poverty reduction. The overall objective of the FishCC project is to improve community management of selected priority fisheries.
This consultancy assignment under FishCC aims to identify sustainable livelihood alternatives to fishing activities in five pilot areas, with the following activities:
i) identification and formulation of sub-projects in aquaculture, tourism and agriculture, among others, for sustainable income generation in five pilot areas;
ii) preparation of the Sub-Projects Implementation Manual including the financing process;
iii) identification of potential business partners;
iv) facilitation of the establishment of partnerships between identified business partners and targeted communities.
Support to build the capacities of the Planning and Statistics Unit of the Rural Development Sector and of other actors involved in the statistics system of Mali's agricultural sector (2018-2020)
This TA assignment is to assist the Planning and Statistics Unit of the Rural Development Sector and other actors involved in strengthening the agricultural statistics system by:
- Strengthening the organisation and coordination of Mali's agricultural statistics system;
- Strengthening of planning, programming and budgeting in the rural development sector;
- Strengthening of the monitoring and evaluation of public policies and of projects and programmes in the rural development sector;
- Strengthening of the production and timely dissemination of quality data to inform decision-making processing.
PHOS-3 Update mining study (2017-2018)
The objective of this assignment was to update the mining study and the reserves estimate for the PHOS-3 project in line with the JORC Code (2012 edition). The mining study was based on:
- the resource estimate prepared by SOFRECO in 2015 during the PHOS-3 pre-feasibility study (SOFRECO MRE 2015);
- the modifying factors for the conversion of the mineral resources into mining reserves: dilutions and losses, processing performance, and the updated economic factors generated from the beneficiation tests.
Valuation of the Yaou and Dorlin gold mines (2017)
The objective of SOFRECO’s mission was to prepare a Scoping Study (in accordance with the JORC definition) for the mining of the Yaou and Dorlin deposits.
Education Quality Improvement Programme (EQUIP) Sudan; Result 3: Enhance Education System Governance and Coordination Among Stakeholders (2017-2020)
This technical assistance project aims to support the implementation of the Education Quality Improvement Programme (EQUIP) in seven States of Sudan: Khartoum, White Nile, Blue Nile, Gedaref, South Kordofan, Red Sea and Kassala.
Auditing and validating the resources and reserves statement - 2017 (2017-2018)
Independent technical support in order to audit and validate the 2017 updated JORC compliant Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE1) and Mineral Reserves Estimate (MRE2) for the Al Jalamid Phosphate deposit.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +18.104.22.168.95.95|