The team leader should be knowledgeable and experienced in managing all aspects of a project from inception to closure. The Team Leader's role is crucial in bringing together and focusing the efforts of everyone involved in the project, including multiple stakeholders drawn from throughout government ministries and the private sector including the technical assistance team. He/she will be responsible for:
- Achievement of the project's objectives, expected results and all project deliverables.
- Giving high-level policy and regulatory reform advice.
- Efficient coordination of project activities reviewing proposals and making recommendations, working with the ministries and agencies during formulation of activities and implementation of approved activities.
- Visibility and communication around the project the Guidance of Ministry of Industry and Commerce and the EU Delegation.
- Administrative management of the TA team's office.
- Reporting on progress in the project's implementation including financial aspects.
- Recruiting and supervising non key experts.
Specific professional experience
- Proven knowledge of donor-funded project management procedures and financial regulations, preferably through management and participation in EU-funded technical assistance projects.
- Experience in working in a complex structure of government ministries and agencies, and private sector organisations and dealing at a senior level with governmental or private sector institution is an asset.
- Experience in the management of EU public procurement procedures will be an added advantage.
- Experience with organizing and delivery of trainings, seminars and workshops.
- Excellent ccommunication, facilitation, consultation and analytical skills (proven by relevant experience).
General professional experience
- Preferably 10 years of professional experience in international development cooperation; trade development policy, international trade advisory services, trade facilitation and export promotion, 5 years of experience being the minimum.
- At least 5 years proven experiences in a Team Leader/Project manager position in a technical assistance project/programme in a developing country context.
- Experience in sub Saharan Africa is an added advantage.
Qualifications and skills
- A University Degree at master's level in the field of economics, Business Administration, Development Studies, International Law, Business Studies or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability in providing high level policy advice to government's on economic reform, industrial and trade policy.
- Demonstrated high-level knowledge and experience of international trade issues and institutions, international trade policy, trade facilitation and export promotion.
- Ability to lead a team of diverse, multi-cultural professionals in a harmonious and productive manner.