|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Team Leader - Justice, Zimbabwe
|Support to the rule of law and access to justice for all|
The Assignment involves the provision of Technical Assistance (TA) in support of the implementation of the 11th EDF 'Support to the rule of law and access to justice for all' programme. Key Experts will work on a daily basis with Government counterparts to achieve the project objectives and results. The Key Experts will be assisted by non -key experts and support staff that will be provided by the consultant.
This assignment will support the implementation of Specific Objectives 2 and 3 of the 'Support to the rule of law and access to justice for all' programme:
- Specific Objective 2: To enhance the efficiency, transparency, integrity and accountability of the justice delivery systems.
- Specific Objective 3: To enhance the capacity of all citizens, especially woman and vulnerable groups, to exercise their rights and access to justice.
He/she will be responsible for:
- Achievement of the project's objectives, expected results and all project deliverables.
- Giving human rights oriented policy and reform advice.
- Efficient coordination of project activities, facilitating the state justice institutions to identify needs, propose solutions and formulate sustainable activities and to implement them achieve tangible results.
- To ensure Visibility and communication of the project working in collaboration with the institutions targeted.
- Administrative management of the TA team's office.
- Reporting on progress in the project's implementation including financial aspects.
- Recruiting and supervising non key experts.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum Requirement: at least Master's Degree (or equivalent) in Law or a related field.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (C2 level).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent Computer literacy.
General professional experience
- Minimum Requirement: At least 10 year's post-qualification experience at a senior level in managing or advising on donor-funded development programmes.
- Minimum Requirement: At least 10 year's post-qualification experience working on capacity-building programmes in the justice and rule of law sector.
- Minimum Requirement: At least 5 year's post-qualification experience performing the role of Technical Assistance Team Leader, managing a team composed of technical specialists (short-term and long term ) with varying experience and background.
- Minimum Requirement: At least 5 year's post-qualification experience working in ACP countries.
- Preferable: At least 3 year's post-qualification experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum Requirement: At least 10 years' post qualification experience in providing TA in reinforcement of justice delivery systems, rule of law and human rights in developing countries.
- Preferable: experience in providing TA in reinforcement of justice delivery systems, rule of law and human rights in developing countries that adopt common law systems.
- Minimum requirement: Proven experience in programming in the areas of justice delivery, human rights/rule of law, access to justice, GBV etc; working with institutions such as Justice Ministries, Prosecution, Prisons, Legal Aid services and police.
- Minimum requirement: Professional experience in capacity building in the justice sector, the development and execution of capacity building for prosecutors, Government lawyers, prison officials and police officers.
- Preferable: experience in implementing a sector wide approach to supporting justice delivery systems.
- Preferable: knowledge and understanding of Rights Based Approach principles and EU backbone strategy in TA.
- Preferable: Experience working in a country undergoing a constitutional transition will be considered as an advantage.
Please send your detailed CV specifying your availability to
SOFRECO - 92/98 boulevard Victor Hugo, 92115 Clichy-cedex France
fax: +33 (0)1 41 27 95 96 - E-mail:
You can use one of the following CV models by clicking on the links below
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +126.96.36.199.95.95|