|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Monitoring and Evaluation Expert, Nigeria
|Technical Assistance Support to Coordination of EU funded interventions in Borno State, Nigeria |
The threefold purpose of this contract is:
- To provide project management support to the EU Delegation in Abuja ensuring a coordinated and efficient implementation, monitoring and evaluation of EU funded actions in Borno State;
- To provide overall technical advice and support to Borno State Government, in particular the Borno State Ministry of Reconstruction Rehabilitation and Resettlement (Triple R Ministry), contributing to a better coordinated, targeted, managed and monitored response to the crisis;
- To participate in local coordination with humanitarian and development partners and State and Federal authorities and to liaise with all actors directly or indirectly involved in EU funded actions in Borno State, including EU Trust Fund actions.
In this respect, the Contractor is responsible for the following:
- Efficient implementation of all activities and achievement of expected targets at programme level for all components of the "EU support for response, recovery and resilience in Borno State", as well as effective coordination with other EU funded humanitarian and development activities;
- Successfully manage and implement the monitoring and evaluation systems put in place for the programme to: (a) indicate the level of alignment to the planned programme results and objectives of the various EU-funded grantees and proffer solutions (b) indicating delays and risks;
- EU's representation in platforms of dialogue and response coordination at Borno State level is ensured and continuous coordination with DG ECHO field representatives and development actors working in Borno is enhanced;
- The level of knowledge and understanding at the EU Delegation in Abuja of local challenges and problems related to the implementation of EU funded programs is enhanced through regular and timely reporting. This includes frequent updates about the security situation in the State and the contractor is expected to actively engage with all EU projects in Borno State in this regard;
- Monitor achievement of programme indicators.
Qualification and skills
- The candidate is required, at a minimum, to have a university degree or equivalent qualification relevant to the scope of work of this contract; certified training in monitoring and evaluation is an advantage.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software for word processing, spread sheet, presentation tools, etc. is required. Demonstrated/documented experience with data processing software such as SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Scientists) would be a distinct advantage.
General professional experience
- At least 3 years' experience in humanitarian-development issues.
- Demonstrated/documented knowledge of monitoring and application of methodology: capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in analysing data and the use of statistical software in such analyses is required.
- Documented/documented evidence of ability to affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change is an advantage.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in the Hausa-speaking Northern Nigeria would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports is an advantage.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in training and facilitation skills are preferred.
Specific professional experience
- Three (3) years practical knowledge of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) is required.
- Demonstrated/documented experience in managing implementation of M&E systems is required.
- At least 3 years of experience in the implementation of M&E/MIS (Management Information Systems) in development projects implemented by national/international organisations/Government is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years' relevant work experience in an English-speaking environment in the last ten (10) years is required if English is not the mother tongue.
- Fluency (speak, read) in Hausa is required, while fluency in Kanuri would be considered an advantage.
310 working days required - The project duration is 36 months.
Please send your detailed CV specifying your availability to
SOFRECO - 92/98 boulevard Victor Hugo, 92115 Clichy-cedex France
fax: +33 (0)1 41 27 95 96 - E-mail:
You can use one of the following CV models by clicking on the links below
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +188.8.131.52.95.95|