The expert shall be the Team Leader for the Contract and shall ensure all obligations of the contractor are being met and delivered as expected. He or she shall provide effective support on the following areas:
• The National Planning processes, the NDS Implementation and ME:
1. Assist MDPAC strengthen the coordination of the NDS implementation and its Linkages
• to MTDP sectoral policies and plans, including the private sector and civil society, improving stakeholder coordination.
• to broader commitments such as the SDGs, the IPoA, with focus on alignment (objectives and indicators), monitoring and reporting.
2. Assist MDPAC in its ongoing capacity building efforts aimed increasing the level of compliance to the required planning processes, procedures, timelines and templates.
3. Participate in mentoring the development and/or revision of operational guidelines, planning procedures, project designs, and related operational tools pertaining to the planning/ budget procedures and project management cycle.
4. Assist and strengthen the capacity of, Line Ministries, MDPAC staff, Standards Committee and technical Divisions in prioritizing, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of programme and projects, including MTDP.
• Development Cooperation, Coordination and Financing:
5. Assist the Ministry Aid Coordination Division engage effectively with the Development Partners and Stakeholders including private sector and civil society.
6. Actively support MDPAC with :
- the development and implementation of the Solomon Islands Integrated Financing Framework (SIIFF) with SIG, Development Partners, Private Sector Organizations, Civil Society Organizations and Faith-Based Organizations.
- Coordinating the preparation and management of the transition strategy for the SI graduation from LDC.
• Capacity building and Institutional strengthening:
7. Assist MDPAC implement ways forward from the Functional Review and Organisational Restructure of MDPAC and the mainstreaming of the NAO SU functionalities into MDPAC, strengthening internal communication and coordination.
8. Ensure MDPAC develops and implements its communication strategy complying with the latest Communication and Visibility Manual for EU External Action1 (see https://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/funding/communication-and-visibility-manual-euexternal-
9. Assist MDPAC identify specific technical areas of need requiring non-key expert inputs, including preparation of the terms of references, coordination of non-key expert inputs, etc.
10. Any other duties as requested by the MDPAC senior management and the Divisional Heads pertaining to above three broad areas of duty.