|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
National Irrigation Supervision Engineers (Myanmar), Myanmar
|Climate-Friendly Agribusiness Value Chains Sector Project - Project Implementation (CS1) Myanmar|
- Assist the IWUMD and PMU in
- (a) reviewing the bill of quantities and the bid preparation, bidding, and bid evaluation of the irrigation work on Chepa Seed Farm and the Kyi Ywa Pumping Irrigation Subprojects
- (b) employing the selection criteria to confirm the subprojects that are eligible for improving the irrigation infrastructure
- (c) preparing a detailed work plan, technical design, management, and monitoring system for the improved irrigation infrastructure of all the prescribed irrigation and small reservoir subprojects in the PAM;
- Provide technical and management support to the IWUMD professional staff at the Union, region, district, and township levels (together with PIU staff) for effective project implementation of all irrigation projects. This includes helping to oversee the design process carried out by the feasibility and detailed design contractor and setting up a construction supervision system;
- Provide capacity building to the IWUMD in supervising the construction of the irrigation infrastructure as per the supervision system, and to the Water Users Groups in the technical responsibilities in managing and maintaining the irrigation systems (together with the water management specialist from the capacity building consultancy team);
- Assist the IWUMD and PMU in preparing specifications for tubewell drilling contracts and associated drip irrigation equipment;
- Ensure that the gender action plan recommendations are being implemented by the IA and contractors, for the irrigation activities; and
- Contribute to the regular reporting requirements of the PMU in irrigation subprojects.
- Relevant degree., in civil engineering, with an emphasis on water management and irrigation systems;
- Experience in irrigation design and in particular construction supervision;
- Experience working in irrigation engineering in Southeast Asian countries;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +126.96.36.199.95.95|