Qualifications and skills
- Postgraduate qualifications in law, economics, management or another relevant discipline.
- Excellent level of English (reading, writing, speaking).
- Good drafting skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Leadership skills as demonstrated by at least one previous team leader experience.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to different cultural contexts.
General professional experience
- More than 10 years of professional experience working on WTO/international trade policy, regional economic integration and/or related domestic legislation.
- Extensive project and team management experience, including programme planning, budgeting, disbursement and progress monitoring.
- At least 3 years of experience as team leader.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing countries1.
- Experience working with government agencies at senior level.
- Working experience in Asia would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Viet Nam's trade regulation/policies and trade integration would be an advantage.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years providing trade-related technical assistance to public authorities.
- Experience in the context of FTA negotiations/implementation would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of EU project management procedures would be an advantage.