|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Event management and contracting expert (440 working days over 48 months), multi MEDA-MENA (Brussels, Belgium)
|multi MEDA-MENA (Brussels, Belgium)|
|EU4Dialogue: Supporting Understanding between Conflict Parties (Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova)|
SOFRECO in partnership with International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH, France) and German-Russian Exchange DRA (Germany) have been shortlisted for preparation of EU funded project "EU4Dialogue: Supporting understanding between conflict parties", covering Georgian Azerbaijan, Armenia and Moldova.
The overall objective of this EU-funded action is to contribute to the transformation of the unresolved conflicts in the Eastern Partnership region (Moldova, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan). The action will build on a regional, individual and multi-country approach, promoting EU best practices and ensuring compliance with human rights law, including on gender equality, and the new EU Strategy on Women, Peace and Security. Its specific objective is to establish an environment conducive to diffusing tension and fostering better understanding amongst the conflicting parties and stakeholders.
The project should start in July 2020 for an overall duration of 48 months.
We are currently looking for a part-time Event Manager (minimum 440 working days over 48 months) with next profile:
Qualifications and skills
- University degree or equivalent professional/higher education in finance, accounting, management, economics, public administration, political sciences, law, international relations or other relevant discipline;
- In absence of a university degree, relevant professional experience of at least 5 years to be added to the required general professional experience;
- Excellent oral communication and drafting skills in English;
- Excellent ability to coordinate multi-level tasks, to work under pressure and react at short notice; client oriented/problem solving attitude.
General professional experience
- Knowledge of the European Union project management procedures, preferably through management of and participation in EC-funded technical assistance projects;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in working with (or in cooperation with) EU institutions will be considered an asset, in particular on conflict transformation, confidence building and dialogue or related processes.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in organising the logistics for high-profile and/or sensitive events and initiatives (conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.);
- Experience in hostile, sensitive and difficult environments/contexts (including experience in dealing with security aspects related to the organisation of events) would be considered an asset.
The event management and contracting expert (key expert 2) will be in charge of coordinating the administrative and financial aspects of the assignments as well as the logistics related to the organisation of events, meetings and workshops. It is foreseen that most of his/her work-time will be in the "operational base for the project" in Brussels with a limited number of deployments to the field, in particular in order to provide assistance for the organisation of complex events/meetings.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +184.108.40.206.95.95|