Qualifications and skills
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of three years study in a university or equivalent institution) but preferably a master’s degree or postgraduate studies in public administration, management, sciences, economics, development, international relations, law or other discipline relevant to the scope of this assignment, or minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience.
· Strong project management, planning and coordination skills, with the ability to deliver a complex project effectively and under tight deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills in English, ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of contacts, including public speaking skills.
· Good analytical skills, and capacity to produce clear and concise reports in English, as well as key documents such as specific ToRs in the areas of activity of this project.
· Good people management skills, able to lead and motivate a multi-cultural team to deliver the required results.
· Relevant IT skills (MS Office Applications).
General professional experience
· Minimum 10 years' work experience in development cooperation.
Specific professional experience
· Minimum 5 years’ work experience managing projects.
· Minimum 3 years’ work experience as Team Leader of complex projects with multiple stakeholders, preferably in fields such as PAR / institutional strengthening / civil service capacity development / policy dialogue.
· Professional experience of at least three of the following types is required; experience of more than three will be taken into account positively:
· Project management under EU procedures, and knowledge of EU visibility requirements.
· Management of demand-driven TA facilities, and projects requiring management of a pool of experts.
· Preparation of ToRs across a range of technical areas relevant to the present ToR.
· Project management experience in several of the sectors of activity covered by this project.
· Experience in Asia, transition economies and fragile and post-conflict states.
· Proven working experience with GoUM in Myanmar.