Qualifications and skills
· A bachelor’s degree or equivalent (where a university degree has been awarded on completion of three years study in a university or equivalent institution) but preferably a master’s degree or postgraduate studies in public administration, management, sciences, economics, development, international relations, law or other discipline relevant to the scope of this assignment, or minimum 15 years of relevant professional experience.
· Strong inter-personal skills to support effective liaison and coordination with national counterparts and other project beneficiaries;
· Ability to organise and facilitate policy dialogues, public forums, and public meetings, and provide trainings as appropriate;
· Proficiency in MS Office programmes;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
· Fluency (written and oral) in Myanmar language (Burmese).
General professional experience
· Minimum 10 years relevant general professional working experience
Specific professional experience
· At least 2 years' experience working with senior level Myanmar government officials is required.
· At least 2 years’ experience working with development partners or non-government actors is required.
· The following areas of working experience will be considered as important assets:
· Multi-stakeholder dialogue facilitation, research, policy formulation, academia (including provision of trainings)
· Formulation of on-demand research studies, concept notes, and policy guidance through partnerships with GoUM, Myanmar institutions and Myanmar national professionals
· Working in multi-cultural, multi-national environments
· Supporting international technical cooperation teams to enable seamless integration into government structures.