Qualifications and skills
- At least a University degree or equivalent of a relevant related discipline (such as political science, public administration and management, social sciences, law, economics, development cooperation);
- In absence of a university degree, relevant professional experience of at least 5 years to be added to the required general professional experience;
- Excellent command of English.
• Excellent ability to coordinate multi-level tasks, to work under pressure and react at short notice; client oriented/problem solving attitude.
General professional experience
- Experience of at least 2 years in working with (or in cooperation with) EU institutions will be considered an asset, in particular on gender equality, gender mainstreaming and public administration reform processes related processes in at least 2 projects.
- Experience coordinating and managing international development projects (preferably for projects funded by an international organisation) and/or in a multicultural environment;
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 5 years working experience in experience in the field of gender equality in the context of development cooperation.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a gender expert and in developing policies and recommendations on gender mainstreaming in programming, implementation and/or monitoring of development assistance projects.
- At least 2 years experience in a region covered by EU cooperation (Africa, Asia & Pacific, European Neighbourhood, Latin America & Caribbean) and experience from the Eastern Partnership region an asset.