Qualifications and skills:
- Advanced university degree (at least Master Degree) in public administration, project management, management studies, economics and development economics, accounting or or any field relevant to the tasks of expert 1 (refer to section 4.2 above). OR a bachelor degree in one of the above subjects with an additional three years of professional experience (on top of the required Professional experience described below).
- At least one previous assignment as a team leader in a multicultural environment:
- ability to plan, prioritize and organize the work of a the team.
- ability to integrate processes into Operational Planning manuals, planning procedures and key priority areas
- ability to implement a workplan ensuring that deadlines are met, and results delivered, adjusting workplan as necessary.
- Communication - strong oral and written communication skills in English language.
- Ability to draft/edit reports and studies with a clear and concise style.
- Advanced computer literacy - including proficiency in word processing, Excel, spreadsheets and other database applications as well as in complex management systems.
General professional experience (min 10 years):
- 10 years of professional experience working in cooperation and development:
- advising on and reviewing Government policies or/and
- Providing technical assistance to technical strategic plans and strategies.
- Out of the 10 years of professional experience required above, a combination of the following is required:
- At least 3 years working experience with Government or public bodies in implementing development cooperation projects and programmes in developing countries;
- At least 2 years working experience in conducting and facilitating capacity building initiatives strengthening the capacities of public administration in strategic planning processes and procedures, policy development and reviews; programme designs and assessment and general Project Cycle Management.
Specific professional experience:
- The specific professional experience can be additional or comprised in the above 10 years of general professional experience.
- At least two professional assignments providing capacity building to NGOs/CSOs in strategic planning processes and procedures, policy development and reviews; programme designs and assessment and general Project Cycle Management.
- At least 3 professional working assignment in EDF/EU funded programmes.
Additional requirements strongly preferred:
- The consultant is already located in the Pacific Region.
- The consultant is below 65 years old.
- The consultant already has a developed network in the Solomon Islands and Pacific region.