|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Unemployment and underemployment remain a most serious problem. Access to a suitably paid job is a key to poverty reduction. Actions aiming to better organise the labour market and encourage job creation are therefore crucial.
Moreover, a great many people do not enjoy any social protection; the slightest difficulty can plunge them into exclusion. The reform of social policies and strengthening of social protection systems are therefore major assets for sustainable development. Furthermore, actions devoted to the most vulnerable social groups (orphans, domestic violence victims, street children, young prisoners, HIV/AIDS infected persons, etc.) often prove vital to restoring seriously degraded situations.
SOFRECO's assignments in these fields focus on the following areas:
Social policies and social services
- Evaluation of the social impact of economic reforms.
- Support in the analysis and design of social policies.
- Review of the expenditure of administrations in charge of social protection.
- Identification of programmes for the reform of social protection structures and financing.
- Consulting and training on the analysis and monitoring of national social policies.
- Study of social protection systems for underprivileged social categories.
- Definition of strategies and actions to improve the quality and sustainability of social service infrastructures.
- Support for the resettlement of refugees and displaced persons.
- Support for the setting up of social and psychological assistance services for soldiers having been involved in civil wars.
- Training of managers and agents of social protection bodies.
- Design and development of integrated social protection systems for vulnerable groups (orphans, domestic violence victims, street children, young prisoners).
- Identification of the educational and social needs of children and adolescents at risk and development of the capacities of those working with them (social-educational specialists, tutors).
Work and employment
- Analysis of the labour market.
- Support for the creation of micro-businesses.
- Support for the creation and operation of active employment measure funds.
- Preparation of the implementation of measures to promote the presence of women on the labour market.
- Support to develop the capacities of labour inspectors.
- Training of employment service managers and agents.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +188.8.131.52.95.95|