Inputs: 5 person-months (intermittent)
Period: From mid-March 2019 until end-December 2019
Expertise: Public Health Expert / Epidemiologist
Position type: Lao National Consultant
Project status: on-going (01/2016-12/2019)
Description of tasks:
The Deputy Team Leader is based in Vientiane and supports the international Team Leader in the day-to-day coordination and management of TA implementation in the Lao PDR.
As a Public Health Expert and Epidemiologist s/he also provides technical inputs.
Coordination and management tasks (60%):
- Liaise with the Implementing Agency (within the Ministry of Health). Provide support to the Implementing Agency on project related issues.
- Coordinate with and report to the international TA Team Leader and the Project Director.
- Coordinate with the international TA experts.
- Coordinate the Lao TA team (1 Gender & Community Specialist, 1 Communication & Knowledge Management Specialist). Direct and oversee all tasks performed by the Lao TA team. Monitor time (person-days) used by the Lao TA team.
- Support the organization of national workshops or training sessions which are organized by the Implementing Agency. Facilitate these events if requested by the Implementing Agency.
- Support the organization of the final regional workshop.
- Follow up with activities to be implemented in Lao PDR and report to the international TA Team Leader.
- Ensure the products delivered by the Lao TA team follow the format provided by the ADB or Conseil Santé.
- Write reports/parts of reports/notes as requested by the TA Team Leader.
- Represent the TA and Conseil Santé in Lao PDR.
Technical tasks (40%):
- Perform quality control of all products of the Lao TA team and provide inputs into these products where appropriate.
- Support the international TA experts with developing climate change and health investment project ideas: help conduct consultations in Lao PDR, gather information, and describe the potential investments, provide expert analysis.
- Contribute to at least 1 Pre-feasibility Study which is led by the international Experts, including data collection and drafting a situational analysis.