Sofreco is shortlisted for the tender on the EU funded project “EU-Viet Nam Sustainable Energy Transition Facility”.
This facility will provide, on a demand-driven basis, expertise and capacity development in areas such as technology and knowledge transfer through cooperation on areas like research, higher education and R&D for renewable energy and energy efficiency, renewable energy and energy efficiency policy, legal and regulatory frameworks, norms and technical standards, power market analyses, energy governance, energy information systems, energy budgeting and planning. The main beneficiaries/users of the facility will be Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) and its various subsidiary institutions, and other energy stakeholders like the Provincial People's Committees, relevant Committees of the National Assembly, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Science and Technology as well as relevant social organisations.
Sofreco is looking for qualified professionnals with experience in Vietnam, for the positions of Non-Key Experts. These positions will on short term assignments.
The profiles of non-key experts for this contract are indicatively in the following areas:
- renewable energy: grid codes, distribution codes for best integration of renewable energy into the power system;
- energy efficiency (e.g. labelling of industrial sector appliances, labelling coding, promotion and establishment of energy efficiency and conservation fund, data quality for monitoring, reporting and verification of the VNEEP3 implementation, etc.);
- energy information systems;
- power market reform (e.g. introduction of the retail power market up to 2024, including support for the revision of the pricing system and mechanism, development of legal framework to ensure competition, demand response in the power market, etc.);
- energy policy and regulatory framework, energy planning;
- energy financing including innovative financing for energy efficiency and rural electrification, public private partnership;
- off-grid options for electricity access in remote and island areas.
This list is indicative. Other technical expertise areas related to the programme objectives will be identified during the implementation of the Facility.