Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent diploma). In its absence, the Master’s Degree can be replaced
by a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent diploma) plus 2 years of professional experience, in
addition to the minimum general professional experience required.
- Ability to operate in English at C1 level for reading, speaking and writing skills according
to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages as demonstrated by
certificate or by past relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills demonstrated by past professional experience.
- Knowledge of French, Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset.
- A postgraduate diploma or degree is an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years relevant professional experience of evaluation methods and practice,
learning approaches and social research methods (qualitative and quantitative).
Specific professional experience
- At least 10 completed assignments as Senior Expert performing intervention and/or complex
evaluations at sector and/or strategy and/or policy and/or instrument levels and/or aid
modality in EU and other donors’ external action.
- At least 3 completed assignments related to capacity development activities for public sector
institutions on evaluation.
- Demonstrated team management and organisational skills.
- Experience on intervention-level and complex evaluation for the EU (external action) is an
- Experience in EU international cooperation and external action policies, instruments and
implementation modalities is an asset.
- Past experience in drafting methodological guidance and analytical tools related to
evaluation is an asset.