Qualifications and skills
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent diploma). In its absence, the Master’s Degree can be replaced
by a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent diploma) plus 2 years of professional experience, in
addition to the minimum general professional experience required.
- Ability to operate in English at C1 level for reading, speaking and writing skills according
to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages as demonstrated by
certificate or by past relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills demonstrated by past professional experience.
- A postgraduate diploma or degree in project/programme management, international
relations/development cooperation, political science, law, economics, business
management, organisational learning, or education & training sciences is an asset.
- Knowledge of French, Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 12 years professional experience in knowledge sharing and/or institutional
development in the field of external action.
Specific professional experience
- At least 12 years of professional experience in coordinating institutional development and
capacity building projects related to EU international cooperation or within international
- At least 10 successfully completed assignments related to capacity development activities
for public sector institutions as Senior Expert intervening at the different steps of the
intervention cycle management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the intervention cycle management methodology and the
associated learning processes.
- Ability to manage collective/participatory processes and engaging with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated team management and organisational skills (refer to tasks in project
management and/or team leader etc.).
- Experience in EU international cooperation and external action policies, instruments and
implementation modalities is an asset.