|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Technical assistance to ASECNA to strengthen its internal management capacity (2015-2018)
The overall objective of this project is to help strengthen ASECNA's (Agency for the safety of air navigation in Africa and Madagascar) internal management capacity, support the establishment of relevant methods, tools and techniques, and build its officers' skills in the areas covered by the project, to achieve the following objectives:
- ASECNA has efficient internal processes compliant with international standards in aviation safety and security, in the fields of internal control, safety management, environmental management, and occupational health and safety management;
- ASECNA has an IT masterplan;
- ASECNA has a new reliable and effective financial forecast model and stronger competence in evaluation and financial modelling;
- ASECNA’s project management is compliant with the applicable requirements in terms of quality, deadlines, performance and the environment, and in particular with the main funding agencies’ requirements;
- ASECNA has all relevant documentation needed to carry out its internal management tasks and staff training;
- The new internal management procedures are integrated into specific modules in ASECNA’s integrated management software.
Inspection and supervision of the consolidation and related works on the Bouar-Garoua Boulaï road (2015)
Technical and administrative inspection and supervision of the development works on 30 km of roads and of the socio-economic infrastructure of the related developments.
Formulation of the ECOWAS regional infrastructure development plan (2015-2016)
SOFRECO is assisting ECOWAS to prepare and update a long-term regional infrastructure development master plan in the sectors of energy, transport, cross-border water resources and communication technologies.
Synchronised sector plans are to be developed taking account of the current PIDA-PAP (Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa - Priority Action Plan) and other projects determined by the diagnostic study.
Technical assistance for capacity building on safety and security training requirements of Turkish civil aviation (2015-2017)
The purposes of this project are as follows:
- To undertake activities that will help the operationalisation of a new civil aviation training centre in Istanbul by developing an effective training policy, programme, curriculum, and other necessary policies and documents focused on safety and security aspects based on the EU acquis and relevant international legislation in the air transport sector.
- To ensure the visibility of the training centre by developing a communication campaign targeting stakeholders and the general public in Turkey and abroad.
Technical assistance to the Ministry of Public Works and Transport for the procurement and management of the implementation of the project for road rehabilitation and transport facilitation on the Lomé-Ouagadougou corridor (2013-2015)
The project consists in the rehabilitation of 303 km of substandard road - 150 km in Togo and 153 km in Burkina Faso, and in improving the facilitation of road transport and transit along the corridor.
The objective of the technical assistance is to support and build the capacity of the Directorate-General of Public Works in procurement and the monitoring of project implementation.
Technical assistance to the Road Maintenance Sector (2013-2015)
The specific objective is to provide technical assistance to the main actors in road maintenance (the Ministry for Infrastructure, Public Works and Improved Access, the Road Maintenance Fund and the Office National du Matériel), to build their road maintenance capacity.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Technical Assistance for the Support Project on the Navigability of the River and Lake Routes in DR Congo (2013-2014)
The project is designed to support, via the EDF, the will of DR Congo to improve the navigability of a part of the domestic inland waterways.
It is implemented via the following approaches:
• Rehabilitation of the main routes of the middle reach: the Congo River between Kinshasa and Kisangani, the Kasaï River between Malela-Kwa and Ilebo and a part of Lake Tanganyika;
• Rehabilitation of certain main ports along this network;
• Staff refresher courses for the agencies in charge of navigability and of the lake and river infrastructures, thereby improving network management.
Study on the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) (2010-2012)
- Strategic framework for the development of regional and continental infrastructure in four sectors (Energy, Transport, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), and Transboundary Water Resources), based on a development vision for Africa, strategic objectives and sector policies.
- Infrastructure development programme covering the period up to 2030.
- Implementation strategy and priority action plan.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +126.96.36.199.95.95|