|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Nigeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Niger
Market analysis and feasibility study for the implementation, exploitation and financing of railway connections between Cotonou-Niamey-Ouagadougou-Abidjan, and simplified and detailed technical studies on the Cotonou-Parakou section (2011-2013)
Technical and economic study of the railway connection between the capitals of two enclosed ECOWAS countries (Ouagadougou, Niamey) and their sea trading ports (Abidjan, Cotonou).
Simplified and detailed technical studies of the Cotonou-Parakou connection and preparation of bidding documents for the rehabilitation works. Support in structuring the funding dossier, based on the economic and financial analysis of the rehabilitation of the railway sections.
Implementation of a public investment management system - Project to support capacity building in public finance (PARCAFIP) (2012-2013)
Improvement of public investment management through the design of programming/budgeting tools, procedures manuals for project preparation and selection, investment expenditure programming, and regularly updated databases to monitor the projects' physical and financial progress.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Technical Assistance for the Support Project on the Navigability of the River and Lake Routes in DR Congo (2013-2014)
The project is designed to support, via the EDF, the will of DR Congo to improve the navigability of a part of the domestic inland waterways.
It is implemented via the following approaches:
• Rehabilitation of the main routes of the middle reach: the Congo River between Kinshasa and Kisangani, the Kasaï River between Malela-Kwa and Ilebo and a part of Lake Tanganyika;
• Rehabilitation of certain main ports along this network;
• Staff refresher courses for the agencies in charge of navigability and of the lake and river infrastructures, thereby improving network management.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Improved Governance and Accountability in the Education Sector in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (2015-2020)
The overall objective of this project is to improve governance and responsibility in the education sector in DR Congo. The expected result is a better quality public education service. It is expected that this activity - activity 2 of the joint DfID/USAID education programme, will help to achieve said programme’s objective of ‘Improving the educational results of girls and boys in selected educational provinces of DR Congo’.
Technical assistance to 50 contracting authorities (CAs) on public procurement planning and to nine CAs on public procurement planning, award, performance and management (2011-2012)
Capacity building of 50 contracting authorities in programming procurement operations, and support to nine priority contracting authorities in all aspects of the procurement process, from planning to performance and from contract monitoring to management.
French Development Agency
Technical assistance to the contracting authority under the Programme for investment in Gabon’s basic education sector (PISE), construction of 13 schools (2019-2022)
- Support to manage and monitor the planning, identify new sites, and manage the overall financial envelope;
- Monitoring of the preparation of the construction programme;
- Follow-up, control and administrative, technical and budgetary monitoring of the works;
- Assistance with the provisional and final acceptance;
- Procurement of equipment;
- Commissioning of the infrastructure and maintenance equipment.
Inspection and supervision of the consolidation and related works on the Bouar-Garoua Boulaï road (2015-2016)
Technical and administrative inspection and supervision of the development works on 30 km of roads and of the socio-economic infrastructure of the related developments.
Technical assistance for the implementation of the results of a study on economic diversification and global competitiveness (2014)
The project’s overall objective is to develop a national technical and vocational training strategy for the diversification of the Congolese economy.
The specific objectives are as follows:
- Support the development of HR qualification and requalification programmes with bilateral and multilateral partners;
- Support the design and implementation of institutional mechanisms guaranteeing qualification, requalification and life-long learning and apprenticeship;
- Advise on the reforms to be implemented to support graduates from technical training institutes in both the creation and development of new businesses and in job placements.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +22.214.171.124.95.95|