|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Technical Assistance to the Management Unit of the Project for the Modernisation and Extension of Modibo Keita-Senou International Airport (2016-2017)
Within the framework of the completion of the Project for the Modernisation and Extension of Modibo Keita-Senou International Airport, the Government of the Republic of Mali decided to strengthen the Project Management Unit through support from two experts in project management, electricity and electronic networks, and IT.
Training was also prepared and delivered on numerous technical subjects related to airport operations.
Competitiveness and Growth Support Project (PRACC); Revision of the mining code, tax system and related implementing decree (2018-2019)
Study to reform the mining code to modernise it and bring it into compliance with good international practices, and to prepare implementing provisions for the mining taxation system to improve the economic benefits for the population and reduce the environmental impacts.
French Development Agency
Project management assistance for the construction works of the Agadez solar hybrid power plant (2018-2022)
Owner's engineer for the construction works and initial operation of the Agadez solar hybrid power plant and related networks: design validation, procurement of EPC contractor, works supervision, assistance during the initial operation period.
Participatory evaluation of the capacities of the actors involved in implementing the sectoral programmes of the third Senegal-Luxembourg Indicative Programme for Cooperation (2013-2014)
The general objectives of the evaluation are to:
- Evaluate the accounting and financial planning, implementation, reporting/M&E and budget control capacites of the national partner institutions in the implementation of PIC III sectoral programmes;
- Evaluate the contracting capacities of the institutions in charge of public procurement and financing agreements with state partner organisations.
Assistance with social project management of information, education and communication (IEC) services for the sanitation and restructuring project in the districts of Hann and Petit Mbao (2014-2018)
The overall objective of the sanitation and urban restructuring project in Hann and Petit Mbao is to help improve the living conditions of underprivileged populations in the districts of Hann Village and Petit Mbao in Dakar. The IEC component will raise the awareness, understanding and willingness of stakeholders to become more involved in implementation and take ownership of the infrastructures developed in order to ensure their maintenance. The activities to be carried out can be grouped into four missions:
- Diagnosis and proposal of the intervention’s approach (communication methods and procedures);
- Design and implementation of the IEC programme;
- Training plan for the capacity building of the district hall and labour intensive programme teams;
- Monitoring of the quality of use and maintenance of the structures developed (sanitation networks, roads, public spaces and green areas, and public solar lighting networks).
Technical assistance to ASECNA to strengthen its internal management capacity (2015-2018)
The overall objective of this project is to help strengthen ASECNA's (Agency for the safety of air navigation in Africa and Madagascar) internal management capacity, support the establishment of relevant methods, tools and techniques, and build its officers' skills in the areas covered by the project, to achieve the following objectives:
- ASECNA has efficient internal processes compliant with international standards in aviation safety and security, in the fields of internal control, safety management, environmental management, and occupational health and safety management;
- ASECNA has an IT masterplan;
- ASECNA has a new reliable and effective financial forecast model and stronger competence in evaluation and financial modelling;
- ASECNA’s project management is compliant with the applicable requirements in terms of quality, deadlines, performance and the environment, and in particular with the main funding agencies’ requirements;
- ASECNA has all relevant documentation needed to carry out its internal management tasks and staff training;
- The new internal management procedures are integrated into specific modules in ASECNA’s integrated management software.
PDGM (Mining Governance and Development Project) - Strategic study of Togo's mining sector (2018-2019)
Objectives of the project: After an evaluation of the existing situation, the strategic study will recommend the priorities to be addressed in the sector in the short- to medium-term, and will propose the necessary modifications to be made to the operation and institutional structure.
Services to be provided:
- Proposals and recommendations aiming to improve the quality of the public service, focusing on:
a) A clear definition of the functions of each unit of the new model recommended, and of the roles and responsibilities of the institutions, in order to avoid overlaps;
b) Improved working procedures.
- Development of a strategic plan for 2017-2022 for the mining sector and of a strategic plan until 2030 for the MME, DGMD.
Technical assistance for the implementation of the Programme to Support Public Finance Reform - Institutional Component (2015-2018)
This contract is part of the Programme to Support Public Finance Reform (PARFIP), and in particular, aims to build the MEF's institutional capacities in carrying out its assignments and implementing reforms. It is a 36-month project that began in April 2015 and will support the Technical Programme Monitoring Unit in coordinating, steering and implementing the reforms. It will also involve carrying out a training programme for all MEF staff involved in budgetary implementation. In order to raise the various stakeholders’ awareness on the stakes of the reforms, a communication strategy will be prepared and implemented. To ensure the successful achievement of this work, one key expert will be provided as well as 990 days of short-term expertise.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +126.96.36.199.95.95|