|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
French Development Agency
Management of the Contract Farming and Ecological Transition Project (PACTE) (2019-2024)
Support to the PMU in the implementation of the PACTE project, and particularly the Contract Farming Fund: ‘institutional contract’ desk (strengthening cooperatives to supply institutional markets) and ‘private contract’ desk (promotion of contract farming between cooperatives and agribusinesses).
Technical Assistance to the Management Unit of the Project for the Modernisation and Extension of Modibo Keita-Senou International Airport (2016-2017)
Within the framework of the completion of the Project for the Modernisation and Extension of Modibo Keita-Senou International Airport, the Government of the Republic of Mali decided to strengthen the Project Management Unit through support from two experts in project management, electricity and electronic networks, and IT.
Training was also prepared and delivered on numerous technical subjects related to airport operations.
French Development Agency
Project management assistance for the construction works of the Agadez solar hybrid power plant (2018-2022)
Owner's engineer for the construction works and initial operation of the Agadez solar hybrid power plant and related networks: design validation, procurement of EPC contractor, works supervision, assistance during the initial operation period.
Participatory evaluation of the capacities of the actors involved in implementing the sectoral programmes of the third Senegal-Luxembourg Indicative Programme for Cooperation (2013-2014)
The general objectives of the evaluation are to:
- Evaluate the accounting and financial planning, implementation, reporting/M&E and budget control capacites of the national partner institutions in the implementation of PIC III sectoral programmes;
- Evaluate the contracting capacities of the institutions in charge of public procurement and financing agreements with state partner organisations.
Assistance with social project management of information, education and communication (IEC) services for the sanitation and restructuring project in the districts of Hann and Petit Mbao (2014-2018)
The overall objective of the sanitation and urban restructuring project in Hann and Petit Mbao is to help improve the living conditions of underprivileged populations in the districts of Hann Village and Petit Mbao in Dakar. The IEC component will raise the awareness, understanding and willingness of stakeholders to become more involved in implementation and take ownership of the infrastructures developed in order to ensure their maintenance. The activities to be carried out can be grouped into four missions:
- Diagnosis and proposal of the intervention’s approach (communication methods and procedures);
- Design and implementation of the IEC programme;
- Training plan for the capacity building of the district hall and labour intensive programme teams;
- Monitoring of the quality of use and maintenance of the structures developed (sanitation networks, roads, public spaces and green areas, and public solar lighting networks).
Technical assistance to ASECNA to strengthen its internal management capacity (2015-2018)
The overall objective of this project is to help strengthen ASECNA's (Agency for the safety of air navigation in Africa and Madagascar) internal management capacity, support the establishment of relevant methods, tools and techniques, and build its officers' skills in the areas covered by the project, to achieve the following objectives:
- ASECNA has efficient internal processes compliant with international standards in aviation safety and security, in the fields of internal control, safety management, environmental management, and occupational health and safety management;
- ASECNA has an IT masterplan;
- ASECNA has a new reliable and effective financial forecast model and stronger competence in evaluation and financial modelling;
- ASECNA’s project management is compliant with the applicable requirements in terms of quality, deadlines, performance and the environment, and in particular with the main funding agencies’ requirements;
- ASECNA has all relevant documentation needed to carry out its internal management tasks and staff training;
- The new internal management procedures are integrated into specific modules in ASECNA’s integrated management software.
French Development Agency
Technical assistance for institutional support for the management and monitoring of the pond system (2017-2018)
The overall objective of this technical assistance is to help set up an efficient institutional framework for Togo's water sanitation (particularly rainwater sanitation) in order to sustainably improve its performance, make the proposed institutional arrangements operational, and thus significantly contribute to the urban resilience of the city of Lomé in the face of climate change.
Technical assistance for the Ministry of Energy as part of institutional support and strengthening the capacities of parties involved in the energy sector in Benin (RECASEB) (2017-2021)
The specific objective of the RECASEB programme is to improve the institutional framework of the energy sector in Benin at regulatory and organisational level and to support/encourage reforms. These reforms must make the sector more attractive for public and private investment, including new production units, particularly via renewable sources and the extension of the network for greater access to electricity services throughout the country, particularly in rural areas.
The components of the RECASEB programme are organised around three main pillars:
- capacity building of the energy sector;
- the development of management, supervisory and decision-making tools for the steering and implementation of the strategic thrusts;
- information and documentation to the parties of the sector and the general public (civil society, consumers, etc.).
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +184.108.40.206.95.95|