|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Technical assistance for the Ministry of Energy as part of institutional support and strengthening the capacities of parties involved in the energy sector in Benin (RECASEB) (2017-2021)
The specific objective of the RECASEB programme is to improve the institutional framework of the energy sector in Benin at regulatory and organisational level and to support/encourage reforms. These reforms must make the sector more attractive for public and private investment, including new production units, particularly via renewable sources and the extension of the network for greater access to electricity services throughout the country, particularly in rural areas.
The components of the RECASEB programme are organised around three main pillars:
- capacity building of the energy sector;
- the development of management, supervisory and decision-making tools for the steering and implementation of the strategic thrusts;
- information and documentation to the parties of the sector and the general public (civil society, consumers, etc.).
Support to build the capacities of the Planning and Statistics Unit of the Rural Development Sector and of other actors involved in the statistics system of Mali's agricultural sector (2018-2020)
This TA assignment is to assist the Planning and Statistics Unit of the Rural Development Sector and other actors involved in strengthening the agricultural statistics system by:
- Strengthening the organisation and coordination of Mali's agricultural statistics system;
- Strengthening of planning, programming and budgeting in the rural development sector;
- Strengthening of the monitoring and evaluation of public policies and of projects and programmes in the rural development sector;
- Strengthening of the production and timely dissemination of quality data to inform decision-making processing.
Technical assistance to ASECNA to strengthen its internal management capacity (2015-2018)
The overall objective of this project is to help strengthen ASECNA's (Agency for the safety of air navigation in Africa and Madagascar) internal management capacity, support the establishment of relevant methods, tools and techniques, and build its officers' skills in the areas covered by the project, to achieve the following objectives:
- ASECNA has efficient internal processes compliant with international standards in aviation safety and security, in the fields of internal control, safety management, environmental management, and occupational health and safety management;
- ASECNA has an IT masterplan;
- ASECNA has a new reliable and effective financial forecast model and stronger competence in evaluation and financial modelling;
- ASECNA’s project management is compliant with the applicable requirements in terms of quality, deadlines, performance and the environment, and in particular with the main funding agencies’ requirements;
- ASECNA has all relevant documentation needed to carry out its internal management tasks and staff training;
- The new internal management procedures are integrated into specific modules in ASECNA’s integrated management software.
Technical Assistance for the Nutrition and Food Security, Sustainable Agriculture and Resilience Support Programme (PASANAD) (2017-2023)
Institutional technical assistance for the implementation of PASANAD, whose objective is to help reduce poverty by improving governance in the field of nutrition and food security and strengthening resilience.
The programme is based on a sectorial reform contract (EUR 100 million) and on complementary institutional support for the prevention of chronic malnutrition (EUR 17 million). The services include long-term technical assistance to the Permanent Secretariat for the Coordination of Agricultural Sectorial Policies, the Executive Secretariat of the National Food Security Council, the Ministry of Animal and Fisheries Resources (MRAH), and the Ministry of Agricultural and Hydraulic Facilities (MAAH), and short-term technical assistance in the fields of monitoring and evaluation, planning, training, and child nutrition and food security.
Participatory evaluation of the capacities of the actors involved in implementing the sectoral programmes of the third Senegal-Luxembourg Indicative Programme for Cooperation (2013-2014)
The general objectives of the evaluation are to:
- Evaluate the accounting and financial planning, implementation, reporting/M&E and budget control capacites of the national partner institutions in the implementation of PIC III sectoral programmes;
- Evaluate the contracting capacities of the institutions in charge of public procurement and financing agreements with state partner organisations.
Assistance with social project management of information, education and communication (IEC) services for the sanitation and restructuring project in the districts of Hann and Petit Mbao (2014-2018)
The overall objective of the sanitation and urban restructuring project in Hann and Petit Mbao is to help improve the living conditions of underprivileged populations in the districts of Hann Village and Petit Mbao in Dakar. The IEC component will raise the awareness, understanding and willingness of stakeholders to become more involved in implementation and take ownership of the infrastructures developed in order to ensure their maintenance. The activities to be carried out can be grouped into four missions:
- Diagnosis and proposal of the intervention’s approach (communication methods and procedures);
- Design and implementation of the IEC programme;
- Training plan for the capacity building of the district hall and labour intensive programme teams;
- Monitoring of the quality of use and maintenance of the structures developed (sanitation networks, roads, public spaces and green areas, and public solar lighting networks).
French Development Agency
Technical assistance for institutional support for the management and monitoring of the pond system (2017-2018)
The overall objective of this technical assistance is to help set up an efficient institutional framework for Togo's water sanitation (particularly rainwater sanitation) in order to sustainably improve its performance, make the proposed institutional arrangements operational, and thus significantly contribute to the urban resilience of the city of Lomé in the face of climate change.
Formulation of the ECOWAS regional infrastructure development plan (2015-2016)
SOFRECO is assisting ECOWAS to prepare and update a long-term regional infrastructure development master plan in the sectors of energy, transport, cross-border water resources and communication technologies.
Synchronised sector plans are to be developed taking account of the current PIDA-PAP (Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa - Priority Action Plan) and other projects determined by the diagnostic study.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +184.108.40.206.95.95|