|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Environment and natural resources management
The protection of natural resources, which form the cornerstone of economic and social development, is a major concern for all countries, but particularly for developing and emerging countries where the vast majority directly depend on the natural surroundings for their means of subsistence.
The efficient management of water resources, the preservation of the natural environment and of biodiversity, greenhouse gas reduction and the control of industrial pollution, are necessary in today's society to maintain food security and fight poverty.
The services offered by SOFRECO in these fields are the following:
Environmental policy, planning and management
- Drafting of environmental laws and regulations.
- Strengthening of institutions in charge of environmental protection.
- Participation in the development of environmental action programmes.
- Setting up and evaluation (mid-term and/or final) of environmental projects.
Management of water resources
- Planning of water resource management (evaluation of the quantity and quality, protective measures, rational use according to needs).
- Development of master plans for the development and protection of basins and for the planning of hydraulic infrastructures necessary to ensure water supply (evaluation of resources and needs, water balance).
- Study and control of drinking water supply works in rural and semi-urban areas (manual, thermal and solar pumping units).
- Development of strategic sanitation plans.
- Studies of the protection perimetres of surface and underground water resources.
- Mapping and modelling of underground aquifers.
- Management of databases and setting up of information systems.
Protection of natural areas
- Development of geographic information systems and of natural resource cadastres.
- Support in defining measures for the protection, restoration and conservation of the natural environment and biodiversity.
- Environmental and social impact studies of agricultural, industrial and infrastructure projects.
- Analysis of the impact of conflicts on forest resources and biodiversity so that appropriate decisions can be taken concerning the sustainable management of natural resources.
- Support for the sustainable management of forest and natural resources.
- Protected areas: feasibility studies for the development of existing natural parks, assistance in the preparation of participative park management plans, development and implementation of professional training programmes for park employees.
Combating greenhouse gas emissions
- Support to states in terms of their climate change commitments: institutional capacity building with a view to the application of the Kyoto protocol, assistance in the development and setting up of clean development mechanisms, strengthening of inventory capacities for greenhouse gas emissions, setting up of training programmes.
Controlling industrial pollution
- Industrial, medical and domestic waste: development of management plans, support for the establishment of management structures, studies for the construction of treatment and elimination facilities, establishment of environmental monitoring systems for such facilities.
- Setting up of monitoring and environmental protection structures in oil producing regions.
- Design and creation of pilot units for the depollution of buildings and soils contaminated by hazardous substances.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +220.127.116.11.95.95|