Based on its extensive experience and the quality of its relations with a great many public and private partners throughout the world, SOFRECO is in a position to coordinate and manage the full range of consulting, engineering and training assignments, involving multidisciplinary expert teams.
SOFRECO's action is based on the close collaboration of three actors:
The Project Director, a permanent staff member based at SOFRECO's head office, is responsible for the management and correct implementation of the contract vis-à-vis the Client, for whom s/he is the key contact person. S/he ensures the supervision of the technical team, mobilises long- and short-term experts, and organises the logistics and quality control of reports and other deliverables. The Project Director, in consultation with the Team Leader, takes any important technical decisions, and makes field visits regularly and whenever necessary.
The technical team is made up of high-level experts and specialists provided by SOFRECO and, if need be, its specialised technical partners. The technical team is under the responsibility of a Team Leader who is the daily contact person for the Client, and who acts in close collaboration with the Project Director.
The logistical and financial support from head office is ensured by a Contract Manager appointed from within SOFRECO's Accounting and Finance Department.
SOFRECO's head office ensures that the projects have constant financial and logistical support
It also ensures:
- financial monitoring of the contracts;
- financial control of the contracts for which SOFRECO is the leader, member of a consortium or sole contracting party: bank guarantee, invoicing the client, etc.
- where Sofreco is leader, the financial management of consortia agreement;
- payment of per diem and accommodation allowances;
- if need be, the acquisition of office material and equipment for experts and support staff.
SOFRECO's Logistics and Procurement Department ensures on behalf of the project teams, the purchase of the equipment of spare parts contractually required. It identifies suppliers, launches and examines invitations to tender, and ensures dispatching and customs clearance in full compliance with the funding agencies' procedures. The staff of this department have vast experience in contracts financed by the European Commission, the World Bank and other financing agencies, and a perfect command of their rules and procedures.
This same department ensures the organisation of study trips that often accompany contract implementation. In collaboration with the Project Director and the Team Leader, it takes care of the participants' travel and accommodation, scheduling and, if necessary, the provision of interpreters.
SOFRECO rapidly mobilises the expertise required by projects
SOFRECO can rapidly mobilise the specialised expertise that are frequently necessary during project implementation. SOFRECO can also rapidly provide a replacement when an expert, for reasons beyond their control, cannot carry out an assignment planned. Indeed, SOFRECO has access to a database containing more than 20 000 experts of all disciplines and nationalities, set up and managed by its human resource department.
In addition, SOFRECO has access to a vast network of experts of all specialisations through its partners:
- Administrations and public bodies of developed and emerging countries;
- Universities and higher education and research institutions;
- International training and/or research centres;
- Specialised European consulting companies;
- Companies of the countries in which SOFRECO carries out its assignments, which also aim to intervene at regional or international level.
SOFRECO controls the quality of the services provided by its field teams
SOFRECO is constantly concerned with ensuring that the Client receives high quality services, through:
- Regular contact by the Team Leader and Project Director with the Client, who remains the final judge of the quality of a project;
- Backstopping assignments carried out by head office, particularly during the kick-off phase, followed up by periodic field visits by the Project Director;
- Critical proofreading and quality control by the Project Director, or his/her deputy, of all reports before they are submitted to the Client.