|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Energy production and transport
Energy is a key field for all countries, whether it is renewable or fossil (oil and gas).
For hydrocarbon producing countries or those with surplus electricity production, wise investments must be made to maintain or develop the production capacities whilst minimising the environmental and social impacts. Consuming countries, for their part, must step up their efforts in terms of energy efficiency, particularly through the optimisation of energy distribution networks - particularly electricity - and the development of renewable energy.
SOFRECO's experience covers all the energy sectors: electricity, oil and gas, renewable energy, energy conservation, etc.
The main fields of energy in which SOFRECO is actively present are:
- Energy policy at the regional, interregional and national levels.
- Institutional support: legislation and regulations, public-private partnerships, capacity building of the sector's management bodies.
- Electricity markets, import-export, energy pools.
- Management and capacity building of operators (electricity, gas).
- Rural electrification (decentralised or connected to the grid), licensing procedures.
- Electricity generation, transmission and distribution.
- Renewable energy: solar, wood, biomass.
- Heat generation and utilisation: thermal power plants, cogeneration, combined cycles.
- Oil and gas: transmission networks, storage, distribution, refinery.
- Energy efficiency in industry, energy savings.
SOFRECO provides the full range of services in these fields:
- Project studies: project identification, market analyses, preliminary design, technical and economic feasibility studies, environmental and social impact studies;
- Process studies and basic engineering, equipment purchase and inspection, construction site supervision, industrial unit start-up, and cost planning and control;
- Project implementation, support to the contracting authorities and supervision of contractors.
- Technical audits and advisory services;
- Strategic planning;
- Enterprise restructuring and privatisation;
- Industry and sector studies;
- Analysis of existing regulations, recommendations for their improvement;
- Development of grid codes;
- Strengthening of the institutional and management capacities of the regulatory authorities and operators;
- Strategic audit of human resources, downsizing, development of training plans.
- Interim management of companies undergoing privatisation;
- Technical and management training action, training of trainers.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +22.214.171.124.95.95|