|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
The mining industry is often important for the development of emerging countries. As the resources are finite, it is essential that the countries manage their exploitation wisely. Mining has very high environmental and social impacts. It is therefore important to strengthen the capacities of the governmental agencies concerned by mining resource valorisation, in the fields of resource management, revenue and environmental protection.
SOFRECO first developed its competences in the mining field through assignments in the phosphate and fertiliser industry. Over the past ten years, it has specialised in institutional strengthening and management capacity development in the mining sector, and in the evaluation and management of the environmental and social impacts of mining activities.
SOFRECO carries out assignments in the following fields:
Technical and economic studies
- Project studies: project identification, market analyses, preliminary design, technical and economic feasibility studies, audits and environmental and social impact studies.
- Process and basic engineering studies, equipment purchase and inspection, construction site supervision, industrial unit start-up, and cost planning and control.
- Project implementation, support to the contracting authorities and supervision of contractors.
- Technical audits and advisory services.
- Sectoral studies at country level.
Development and institutional strengthening
- Support for the definition and implementation of national policies and strategies.
- Strengthening of the institutional and management capacities of regulatory authorities and operators: overhaul of structures, setting up of promotion units and documentation centres.
- Design of Geological and Mining Information Systems at national level; setting up of computerised mining cadastres.
- Drafting of legislative and regulatory texts (mining code, mining regulations, mining taxation, etc).
- Strengthening of human resources: audit, development of training plans.
Management of mining complexes
- Technical and organisational audits of mining complexes.
- Assistance for the technical, administrative and financial management of mining companies or complexes.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +188.8.131.52.95.95|