|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Senior Irrigation Management Specialist, Laos (Boualapah)
|Pilot Project for the Irrigation of Nam Kata - PPINK|
- Provide management assistance to the national, provincial and district levels for all activities that relate to participatory aspect of the PPINK project, including the establishment of the water user association aspect;
- Support the procurement processes during the whole project life;
- Advice and guide the staff of Distrcit Agriculture and Forestry Office (DAFO) on project planning, project implementation aspects and the preparation of reports;
- Assist the provision of a training plan for officials in the provincial and district levels, and facilitation for all phases of project implementation;
- Support, with the collaboration of the IRD research team, the establishment of water user associations (WUAs), and other farmer groups;
- Formulate and develop the project performance management system (PPMS), establish a framework for Benefit and Evaluation Monitoring (BME) and reporting;
- Take into consideration the erosion issue, as it is often reported as a problem in irrigation projects and anticipate landslides and floods around the headwork;
- Improve the hydrological study, in collaboration with the specialist from IRD, which was conducted during the feasibility study as the water's availability will have an impact on the design of the infrastructures (third canals for instance, water storage mechanism).
M.Sc. or Bachelor degree in irrigation project management, water resources studies with at least 10-year experience in participatory irrigation management and water resources studies;
Knowledge and experience in workshop facilitation, training, presentation and participatory techniques;
At least 10-year experience in relevant irrigation development works;
At least 10-year experience in the Irrigation project management for the Operation and maintenance of weir and gravity system;
Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with a wide range of people and to work in a multicultural environment;
Working interactively and cooperatively as a member of the management team within organization and institutes;
Fluency in both oral and written in English language.
Please send your detailed CV specifying your availability to
SOFRECO - 92/98 boulevard Victor Hugo, 92115 Clichy-cedex France
fax: +33 (0)1 41 27 95 96 - E-mail:
You can use one of the following CV models by clicking on the links below
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +188.8.131.52.95.95|