Qualifications and skills:
- At least a Master degree academic level or equivalent degree in a relevant discipline (such as civil engineering, irrigation, agricultural or rural engineering);
- Alternatively, a basic degree in a relevant area with at least 5 years additional experience above the general professional experience indicated below;
- Demonstrable high levels of innovative and problem-solving skills;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential;
- Full computer literacy is essential (word processing, spread sheets and specialized design software).
General Professional experience
More than 20 years'post qualification experience in planning, design, development and governance of water harvesting structures (incl. small and medium dams) and downstream irrigation systems and schemes within a national institution.
Specific Professional experience
- Proven experience in the preparation and implementation of irrigation development projects on the basis of EU/EDF procedures, including procurement/tendering and direct labour procedures;
- Sound experience in EU contract management processes;
- Proven experience in training and capacity building activities in the field ofirrigation/downstream development;
- Experience in the Sub-Saharan African region is highly desirable.