The general objective of the mission is to improve the writing and authoring capacities of BIAT staff in charge of content development and update of the online cluster observatory. This objective is expected to be achieved through the delivery of hands-on and on-the-job training.
The specific objectives of the assignment are as follows:
- Assist BIAT staff in charge of A2.1 in reviewing and enhancing the contents of the observatory pages and sections. This includes all types of information disseminated to beneficiaries as well as to the public.
- Train the targeted staff on information gathering, summarizing, re-production and dissemination.
- Develop a list of recommendations in a form of a procedure for updating the observatory contents.
Expected activities and tasks
The expert is expected to carry out the below activities:
- Review all available materials produced by the different partners and define types of information to be gathered and/or extracted in accordance with the aim of the observatory.
- Deliver on-the-job training to A2.1 staff to re-produce materials (including texts and photos) for the observatory pages and sections.
- Train A2.1 staff on how to summarize different types of articles and formulate summaries and abstracts.
- Develop a procedure for contents updates (including: frequency, scope of changes, how to communicate with beneficiaries to update their information...etc.)
- Provide a list of recommendations to enhance the presentation facet of the observatory.
Prior to the start of the assignment the expert shall propose a working plan covering previous activities.
Expected outputs and deliverables
- Observatory contents (excluding the database contents) updated.
- Procedure for observatory contents updates (Tabular form).
- List of proposed visual enhancements of the observatory.
- Guidelines on content development tailored to the specific needs of the observatory.
Monitoring and Reporting
The expert shall coordinate her/his activities with KE2.
The expert shall deliver, not later than 5 working days after the end of the assignment, an end of mission report including: Summary of the activities carried out, findings, recommendations with produced outputs as annexes.
Timing and Location
- Duration: 12 working days.
- Forecasted start date: October 2018.
- Place: BIAT.
SHORT TERM COMMUNICATION EXPERT