a) Qualifications and skills:
• Advanced university degree (at least Master Degree) in public administration, project management, management studies, economics and development economics, accounting or or any field relevant to the tasks of expert 1 (refer to section 4.2 above). OR a bachelor degree in one of the above subjects with an additional three years of professional experience (on top of the required Professional experience described below).
• Team management - at least one previous assignment as a team leader in a multicultural environments.
- ability to plan, prioritize and organize the work of a the team.
- ability to integrate processes into Operational Planning manuals, planning procedures and key priority areas
- ability to implement a workplan ensuring that deadlines are met, and results delivered, adjusting workplan as necessary.
• Communication - strong oral and written communication skills in English language. Ability to draft/edit reports and studies with a clear and concise style.
• Advanced computer literacy - including proficiency in word processing, Excel, spreadsheets and other database applications as well as in complex management systems
b) General professional experience (min 10 years):
• 10 years of professional experience working in cooperation and development: advising on and reviewing Government policies or/and Providing technical assistance to technical strategic plans and strategies
Out of the 10 years of professional experience required above, a combination of the following is required :
- At least 3 years working experience with Government or public bodies in implementing development cooperation projects and programmes in developing countries;
- At least 2 years working experience in conducting and facilitating capacity building initiatives strengthening the capacities of public administration in strategic planning processes and procedures, policy development and reviews; programme designs and assessment and general Project Cycle Management.
c) Specific professional experience:
The specific professional experience can be additional or comprised in the above 10 years of general professional experience.
• At least two professional assignments providing capacity building to NGOs/CSOs in strategic planning processes and procedures, policy development and reviews; programme designs and assessment and general Project Cycle Management.
• At least 3 professional working assignment in EDF/EU funded programmes.