The objective of this position is to assist the Project Director of the PMU in ensuring efficient and timely implementation of the project, management of the PIC consultants, coordination with other consultants (such as detailed design and supervision, Capacity building and CSA training, Climate-resilient Variety Development and Dissemination) and effectively coordinating and linking all value chain activities and, thereby, strengthening all value chains.
The deputy team leader will work closely with the Project Director and Project Manager of the PMU in developing the work plans and budgets and directing all aspects of implementation. The other PIC consultants are involved in (i) assisting the implementing agencies in specific subproject technical areas that strengthen the value chains and the linkages, and (ii) in assisting the PMU in financial management, in integrating the social development and gender action plan, and ensuring the social safeguards, and environmental safeguards and management plans.
The scope of work of the TL/DTL includes:
- Assist the PMU Project Director and the IAs in developing a detailed work plan for project implementation, and in establishing an appropriate management and Project Performance Monitoring System;
- Provide value chain technical planning and implementation guidance to the PIC technical team, the EA and IAs (at the Union, region, district, and township levels), and at the stakeholder level;
- Ensure selection criteria on project beneficiary and location on subprojects are adhered to by the IAs and the technical team;
- Ensure linkages among value chain stakeholders and the various subprojects, particularly centering on links with improved private seed farms;
- Develop contract farming models and provide training on these to IAs;
- With the procurement specialists, work closely with the national procurement specialist within the PMU and assist in reviewing and identifying procurement needs within the procurement plan and the detailed technical specifications of equipment, materials and civil works. The procurement will be in accordance with ADB Procurement Guidelines and those of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar;
- Ensure, in coordination with the gender specialists and the separate capacity building team, that the gender action plan is being implemented by IAs, with support as needed from sector specialists;
- Assist the Project Director in writing, presenting, and submitting the required progress reports as described in the PAM; and
- Coordinating the team and liaising closely with the capacity building and CSA training consultancy package.