|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
National Financial Management Specialists (Myanmar), Myanmar
|Climate-Friendly Agribusiness Value Chains Sector Project - Project Implementation (CS1) Myanmar|
The objective of the position is to ensure sound finance, accounting, and audit procedures are in place and implemented. The scope of work includes:
- Provide training in accounting and financial management to the PMU's Finance Officers;
- Train IA staff in procedures to maintain project financial records and EA staff in consolidating project financial reports from IAs;
- Develop and help implement a financial planning system for Project implementation and its subsequent operation (unless already done by start-up consultants). Develop long, medium-term and annual operating plans and schedules as agreed between ADB, MOPF, and the EA (MOALI) for Project implementation and subsequent administrative operation;
- Together with the PMU Finance Officers, develop and establish a manual and standard procedures for Project accounting to the standard agreed between ADB, MOPF, and the EA (unless already done by start-up consultants). Help ensure this is implemented;
- Monitor and report on a monthly basis during the first year of project implementation regarding the progress of various actions listed in the time-bound action plan for financial management;
- For internal control, funds flow management, and financial reporting, develop and make operational a manual and procedures (unless already done by start-up consultants) as agreed between ADB, MOPF, and the EA for Project financial management, for use by the PMU in project implementation and the executing and implementing agencies to operate;
- For audit planning, to comply with the terms and standards agreed between ADB, MOPF, and the EA, prepare the TOR for independent external auditors to conduct audits of the Project accounts, use of advance accounts, and related disbursement procedural matters, and advise and assist the EA in the recruitment of specialists to conduct internal audits of the project accounts and advance account activities;
- For audit management, advise and assist the PMU in facilitating external and internal audits.
- Relevant degree e.g. in accounting or CPA, master's degree in finance or MBA;
- Experience working in financial management on international development projects in developing countries, with preference given to experience on ADB-funded projects;
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +188.8.131.52.95.95|