|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
National Environmental Safeguards Specialist (Myanmar), Myanmar
|Climate-Friendly Agribusiness Value Chains Sector Project - Project Implementation (CS1) Myanmar|
The objective of the position will be to develop plans, procedures, and stakeholder buy- ins in all aspects of environmental management, monitoring and impact assessment in the implementation of the project EARF and the IEEs of the subprojects.?The scope of work includes:
- Assisting the Project Management Unit (PMU), the PMU Safeguards and Monitoring and Evaluation Officers, and other relevant personnel and agencies in the implementation of the Project's EARF and the subproject IEEs. More specifically:
- to ensure that the steps of the EARF covering environmental screening and impact assessment are followed by the PMU
- to deliver training (i) in EARF procedures for screening and assessing environmental impact by way of the IEE, and (ii) in record-keeping and reporting
- to establish and publicize the grievance redress mechanism for subprojects, ensuring that publicity is appropriate to the scale and complexity of the subproject and includes, as a minimum, the disclosure of all contact persons for lodging complaints
- mapping out capacity needs of policymakers and other stakeholders in terms of (i) climate data needs, (ii) vulnerability and impact assessments, (iii) subnational and gender mainstreaming of climate resilience at policy and operational levels, (iv) conducting feasibility studies of gender-responsive adaptation projects, (v) knowledge management, and (vi) appropriate M&E;
- advising project staff, IAs, and relevant government departments on knowledge management on climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction;
- Preparing training materials, guidelines and sector manuals and conduct training programs and workshops for integrating (i) adaptation into subnational planning and development, (ii) gender considerations into adaptation investments, and (ii) adaptation indicators into national, sectoral and project M&E systems;
- Assisting the PMU in prepare quarterly and semi-annual project monitoring progress reports for submission to ADB; and
- Help the PMU to set-up a combined social safeguards and environment grievance redress system.
- Relevant degree, e.g., in environmental management or natural resource management;
- Experience on international development projects, preferably ADB-funded projects, wherein environmental management plans (EMPs), initial environmental examinations (IEEs), and environmental assessment and review framework (EARFs) were completed;
Experience working on environmental safeguards and/or implementing climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction projects on development projects in Southeast Asia;
Excellent English speaking and writing skills .
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +22.214.171.124.95.95|