Qualifications and skills
- A level of education corresponding to at least 5 years' completed university studies in economics, business management and/or other related fields or a professional qualification of an equivalent level, followed by a minimum of 6 years' relevant professional experience;
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English. Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese and/or Arabic would be an advantage;
- Expertise in project management (including coordination, planning, note-taking and reporting, liaising with experts and stakeholder groups, drafting terms of reference for the provision of short-term expertise and organising the selection of experts, assisting the experts in the organisation of events, reporting to the EU);
- Expertise in the financial & administrative requirements of EU contracts;
- Fully computer literate, proficient user of Microsoft Office and good understanding of database software.
General professional experience
- At least 10 years of professional experience, following the above mentioned education level, covering the identification, formulation and/or evaluation of policies and strategies in the area of business environment reform and value chain development;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in developing countries;
- At least 5 years of experience in the private sector preferably in a SME;
- Work experience with other development agencies will be an asset.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience with sector approaches for Business environment reforms, private sector development, trade and support to MSMEs;
- Demonstrable specific expertise in dialogues and negotiations with national Governments;
- Demonstrable knowledge of the latest developments of national and international, including EU, policies and programmes in the field of business environment reform.