SOFRECO is currently looking for a Team Leader for an overall project's duration.
He / she will be responsible in-country for overall project management and implementation, overseeing the work of the other KEs and NKEs, as well as the project support staff, and maintaining close contact with the EU Delegation. He/she will develop strong working ties with national counterparts and DPs.
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced University Degree (PHD / Masters) in a discipline relevant to the scope of this assignment, such as public administration, management, engineering, sciences, economics, development economics, international relations, law or other relevant subjects.
- Excellent communication skills in English, being able to communicate effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of contacts, including public speaking skills. Proficiency in Arabic is mandatory.
- Good analytical skills, and capacity to produce clear and concise reports in English, as well as key documents such as specific ToR in the areas of activity of this project.
- Strong project management, planning and coordination skills, with the ability to deliver a complex project effectively and under tight deadlines.
- Good people management skills; able to lead and motivate a multi-cultural team to deliver the required results.
- Relevant IT skills (MS Office Applications).
General professional experience
- Minimum 20 years of relevant professional experience in development cooperation
- Minimum 10 years experience in developing countries.
Specific professional experience
Minimum 10 years working experience in project management
Minimum 6 years working experience as Team Leader of complex projects with multiple stakeholders, preferably in fields such as public administration reform, institutional strengthening, civil service capacity development and policy dialogue.
Professional experience of at least three of the following types is required; experience of more than four will be taken into account positively:
- Project management under EU procedures, and knowledge of EU visibility requirements
- Demand-driven TA facilities, and projects requiring management of a pool of experts
- Preparation of ToRs across a range of technical areas relevant to these ToRs
- Proven working experience with Government in Iraq will be considered as a strong asset
- Project management experience in several of the sectors of activity covered by this project
- Experience in the MENA region, transition economies and fragile and post-conflict states