The expert shall possess the following requirements and experiences:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Education, Social Science or any other subject relevant to education;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in developing, managing and implementing large scale national or international assessment. Evidence of country-level experience in learning assessment systems is essential;
- Work experience in basic education in developing countries, with specific reference to research, policy, and implementation of programs to support student assessment and improve student learning outcomes;
- Experience as a Team Leader in at least two (2) education related projects;
- Technical expertise in impact evaluation (design and implementation);
- Proven research and publications in education with a focus on assessment and gender;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to dialogue with diverse stakeholders to create consensus around issues and capable of working in multi-cultural environments;
- Effective time management and organizational skills to ensure qualitative outputs under strict deadlines;
- Demonstrated experience in working with government institutions is an asset;
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written;
- Previous work experience in Western Balkan countries would be an advantage
The Team Leader/Key Expert 1 shall have overall responsibility for the sound management and timely implementation of the project as well as the efficient use of project funds. He/she shall be responsible for planning and supervising all project activities, and carrying out/taking part in the implementation of the activities of the project.
The Team Leader shall be responsible for the field management of the team of experts. The Team Leader should have the possibility, in consultation with the Consultant’s Project Director (to be covered under backstopping), to mobilize backstopping expertise to address unforeseen problems and technical issues.
In addition to his management tasks, the Key Expert 1 shall be responsible for the implementation of the project activities.