Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent diploma). In its absence, the Master’s Degree can be replaced
by a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent diploma) plus 2 years of professional experience, in
addition to the minimum general professional experience required.
- Ability to operate in English at C1 level for reading, speaking and writing skills according
to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages25 as demonstrated by
certificate or by past relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills demonstrated by past professional experience
(refer to specific experience in publications, drafting of analytical reports, preparation of
communication products, speaking engagements).
- A postgraduate diploma or degree is an asset
- Knowledge of French, Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years of experience in external action/international cooperation.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of experience as Team Leader of multidisciplinary teams.
- At least 10 years of experience in results-based approaches and/or programming and/or
design and/or monitoring and/or evaluation in external action/international cooperation.
- Demonstrated, up-to-date knowledge of design and monitoring/evaluation methods and
practice. Up-to-date is to be interpreted as at least one related assignment in the past three
- Demonstrated team management and organisational skills.
- Experience in EU international cooperation and external action policies, instruments and
implementation modalities is an asset.
- Past experience in drafting methodological guidance and analytical tools supporting the
design and/or implementation (incl. monitoring) and/or evaluation of interventions in
international cooperation and development is an asset.