Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent diploma). In its absence, the Master’s Degree can be replaced
by a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent diploma) plus 2 years of professional experience, in
addition to the minimum general professional experience required.
- Ability to operate in English at C1 level for reading, speaking and writing skills according
to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages as demonstrated by
certificate or by past relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills demonstrated by past professional experience.
- A postgraduate diploma or degree in economics or statistics is an asset.
- Knowledge of French, Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years of professional experience in the design and implementation (including
internal monitoring) of external action/international cooperation interventions and/or
Specific professional experience:
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the development of monitoring systems at
- At least 3 completed assignments related to capacity development activities for public sector
institutions on project/programme design, monitoring and/or reporting.
- Demonstrated team management and organisational skills.
- Completed assignment on monitoring or result-oriented monitoring of EU external
assistance are an asset.
- Past experience in drafting methodological guidance and analytical tools supporting the
design and/or implementation (including monitoring) of interventions in international
cooperation and development is an asset.
- Experience in EU international cooperation and external action policies, instruments and
implementation modalities is an asset.
- Past experience in supporting the preparation of published institutional reports for public
administrations, international and/or regional organisations is an asset.