|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Study on the Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) (2010-2012)
- Strategic framework for the development of regional and continental infrastructure in four sectors (Energy, Transport, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), and Transboundary Water Resources), based on a development vision for Africa, strategic objectives and sector policies.
- Infrastructure development programme covering the period up to 2030.
- Implementation strategy and priority action plan.
Formulation of the ECOWAS regional infrastructure development plan (2015-2016)
SOFRECO is assisting ECOWAS to prepare and update a long-term regional infrastructure development master plan in the sectors of energy, transport, cross-border water resources and communication technologies.
Synchronised sector plans are to be developed taking account of the current PIDA-PAP (Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa - Priority Action Plan) and other projects determined by the diagnostic study.
Technical assistance for capacity building on safety and security training requirements of Turkish civil aviation (2015-2017)
The purposes of this project are as follows:
- To undertake activities that will help the operationalisation of a new civil aviation training centre in Istanbul by developing an effective training policy, programme, curriculum, and other necessary policies and documents focused on safety and security aspects based on the EU acquis and relevant international legislation in the air transport sector.
- To ensure the visibility of the training centre by developing a communication campaign targeting stakeholders and the general public in Turkey and abroad.
Technical assistance to the Road Maintenance Sector (2013-2015)
The specific objective is to provide technical assistance to the main actors in road maintenance (the Ministry for Infrastructure, Public Works and Improved Access, the Road Maintenance Fund and the Office National du Matériel), to build their road maintenance capacity.
Nigeria, Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Niger
Market analysis and feasibility study for the implementation, exploitation and financing of railway connections between Cotonou-Niamey-Ouagadougou-Abidjan, and simplified and detailed technical studies on the Cotonou-Parakou section (2011-2013)
Technical and economic study of the railway connection between the capitals of two enclosed ECOWAS countries (Ouagadougou, Niamey) and their sea trading ports (Abidjan, Cotonou).
Simplified and detailed technical studies of the Cotonou-Parakou connection and preparation of bidding documents for the rehabilitation works. Support in structuring the funding dossier, based on the economic and financial analysis of the rehabilitation of the railway sections.
Technical Assistance to the Management Unit of the Project for the Modernisation and Extension of Modibo Keita-Senou International Airport (2016-2017)
Within the framework of the completion of the Project for the Modernisation and Extension of Modibo Keita-Senou International Airport, the Government of the Republic of Mali decided to strengthen the Project Management Unit through support from two experts in project management, electricity and electronic networks, and IT.
Training was also prepared and delivered on numerous technical subjects related to airport operations.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Technical Assistance for the Support Project on the Navigability of the River and Lake Routes in DR Congo (2013-2014)
The project is designed to support, via the EDF, the will of DR Congo to improve the navigability of a part of the domestic inland waterways.
It is implemented via the following approaches:
• Rehabilitation of the main routes of the middle reach: the Congo River between Kinshasa and Kisangani, the Kasaï River between Malela-Kwa and Ilebo and a part of Lake Tanganyika;
• Rehabilitation of certain main ports along this network;
• Staff refresher courses for the agencies in charge of navigability and of the lake and river infrastructures, thereby improving network management.
French Development Agency
Technical assistance to the contracting authority under the Programme for investment in Gabon’s basic education sector (PISE), construction of 13 schools (2019-2022)
- Support to manage and monitor the planning, identify new sites, and manage the overall financial envelope;
- Monitoring of the preparation of the construction programme;
- Follow-up, control and administrative, technical and budgetary monitoring of the works;
- Assistance with the provisional and final acceptance;
- Procurement of equipment;
- Commissioning of the infrastructure and maintenance equipment.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +126.96.36.199.95.95|