|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Zagtouli photovoltaic plant, phase 2 (17 MWc) – Technical assistance and support with procurement (2019-2020)
The overall objective of the second phase of the project to build the Zagtouli 17 MWc photovoltaic solar plant is to help develop the generation of cost-effective renewable electricity in Burkina Faso. This project is taking place under an EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) turnkey contract, and will bring the capacity of the Zagtouli plant to 50 MWc.
In the framework of this contract, SOFRECO is providing technical assistance and procurement support to the project promoter, SONABEL, Burkina Faso’s national electricity company, from the review of the studies through to the contractual arrangements with the Constructor.
French Development Agency
Feasibility study on a windfarm investment with wind measurements (2019-2020)
Feasibility study on a windfarm investment in Cuba. This technical, economic and legal feasibility study had the following objectives:
- Based on 2 shortlisted sites, selection, in agreement with the Cuban actors concerned, of that most suited to building a windfarm, and evaluation of serious obstacles that could impede the project's development;
- Performance of a 12-month wind measurement campaign on the selected site;
- Performance of an avifauna study on the selected site;
- Preparation of the project’s final design, including the technical, economic, social and environmental aspects;
- Preparation of bidding documents (optional stage).
French Development Agency
Project management assistance for the construction works of the Agadez solar hybrid power plant (2018-2022)
Owner's engineer for the construction works and initial operation of the Agadez solar hybrid power plant and related networks: design validation, procurement of EPC contractor, works supervision, assistance during the initial operation period.
Support for the development of Burundi's electricity network codes (2019)
The general objective of this mission is to establish the network codes related to connection, operation and internal electricity market criteria.
The specific objectives are to detail the techniques, minimum design, operating criteria and procedures of the facilities and power plants, to be followed by the operators to ensure the safe, stable operation of the interconnected electricity networks. This will enable Burundi to connect to the network new powerplants, trade higher electricity flows with neighbouring countries and integrate renewable energies.
The tasks include two workshops to present the results to the actors concerned, while also transferring skills to local actors.
Technical assistance for the Ministry of Energy as part of institutional support and strengthening the capacities of parties involved in the energy sector in Benin (RECASEB) (2017-2021)
The specific objective of the RECASEB programme is to improve the institutional framework of the energy sector in Benin at regulatory and organisational level and to support/encourage reforms. These reforms must make the sector more attractive for public and private investment, including new production units, particularly via renewable sources and the extension of the network for greater access to electricity services throughout the country, particularly in rural areas.
The components of the RECASEB programme are organised around three main pillars:
- capacity building of the energy sector;
- the development of management, supervisory and decision-making tools for the steering and implementation of the strategic thrusts;
- information and documentation to the parties of the sector and the general public (civil society, consumers, etc.).
Programme of support for green mini-grids based on renewable energy in Niger (2018)
The objective of this project was to support Niger's Ministry of Energy to prepare the policy and regulations for mini-grids powered by renewable energy (green mini-grids) and to help it set up an enabling framework to promote the development of these grids focused on the market.
The creation of a conducive policy and regulatory framework that aims to take account of all aspects of the development of green mini-grids is a prerequisite for the expected boom in these isolated networks. This should increase access to energy in rural zones at a reasonable investment level for the Government of Niger and its financial partners through the involvement of the private sector, as well as increase the share of renewable energy in the country's mix.
EU Technical Assistance Facility for the 'Sustainable Energy for All' Initiative (SE4All) - Neighbourhood (East and South), Asia (including Central Asia), Latin America, Caribbean and Pacific (2015-2019)
The TAF delivers high level technical assistance at country (and regional level) through expert missions to be mobilised at short notice and to support committed countries to reach the SE4All objectives. Examples of areas of support include:
- initial stocktaking, technical support in the elaboration and implementation of national energy sector policies and reforms;
- capacity building, particularly in the policy and regulatory areas;
- technical support in the preparation of investment projects,
- mobilisation of funds and facilitation of partnerships;
- industrial and technology cooperation;
- project demonstration.
Considering the specific needs and actual situation of the energy sector in the target countries, the assistance to the technical, economic and environmental preparatory work of energy investment projects, and in particular the identification and preparation of investment projects including the mobilisation of funds, facilitation of partnerships and leveraging of private investment, is central to the TAF.
Supervision of studies, supplies and construction works for transmission, distribution and rural electrification networks (PRETD) (2018-2019)
The objective of the Power Transmission and Distribution Networks Reinforcement Project (PRETD) is to develop and reinforce the power transmission and distribution facilities defined hereafter:
- creation of the Bingerville 220/20kV substation and restructuring of the Bingerville MV network;
- doubling of the Soubré-San Pedro 225 kV line and related works at the 225 kV substations of Soubré and San Pedro;
- construction of the Duékoué-Zagné 225 kV line, of the 225/33 kV substations of Duékoué and Zagné, and of the 33 kV Zagné-Taï line, and restructuring of the MV networks of Duékoué, Zagné and Taï;
- rural electrification of 252 localities, contributing to a rise in coverage in the country's west zone (Montagnes District) of 26.45%, i.e. a national increase of 3 points.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +126.96.36.199.95.95|