|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
French Development Agency
Support of a wind energy technical expert to review a feasibility study and prepare a call for tenders (technical specifications): Nexus Project (2019)
The West Bank territories are facing increasing challenges regarding water and energy supply in terms of quantity and cost. AFD is therefore financing the Nexus project to meet water needs through the use of a solar/wind hybrid system (symbiotic system) connected to the grid.
A feasibility study was carried out for this project, and technical specifications and tender documents were drawn up. Before issuing the tender dossier and selecting a contractor, AFD required due diligence on these documents. The Consultant's mission was to review all elements of the study and technical specifications to ensure that they are coherent, reliable and relevant.
French Development Agency
Project management assistance for the construction works of the Agadez solar hybrid power plant (2018-2022)
Owner's engineer for the construction works and initial operation of the Agadez solar hybrid power plant and related networks: design validation, procurement of EPC contractor, works supervision, assistance during the initial operation period.
Support for the development of Burundi's electricity network codes (2019)
The general objective of this mission is to establish the network codes related to connection, operation and internal electricity market criteria.
The specific objectives are to detail the techniques, minimum design, operating criteria and procedures of the facilities and power plants, to be followed by the operators to ensure the safe, stable operation of the interconnected electricity networks. This will enable Burundi to connect to the network new powerplants, trade higher electricity flows with neighbouring countries and integrate renewable energies.
The tasks include two workshops to present the results to the actors concerned, while also transferring skills to local actors.
Technical assistance for the Ministry of Energy as part of institutional support and strengthening the capacities of parties involved in the energy sector in Benin (RECASEB) (2017-2021)
The specific objective of the RECASEB programme is to improve the institutional framework of the energy sector in Benin at regulatory and organisational level and to support/encourage reforms. These reforms must make the sector more attractive for public and private investment, including new production units, particularly via renewable sources and the extension of the network for greater access to electricity services throughout the country, particularly in rural areas.
The components of the RECASEB programme are organised around three main pillars:
- capacity building of the energy sector;
- the development of management, supervisory and decision-making tools for the steering and implementation of the strategic thrusts;
- information and documentation to the parties of the sector and the general public (civil society, consumers, etc.).
EU Technical Assistance Facility for the 'Sustainable Energy for All' Initiative (SE4All) - Neighbourhood (East and South), Asia (including Central Asia), Latin America, Caribbean and Pacific (2015-2019)
The TAF delivers high level technical assistance at country (and regional level) through expert missions to be mobilised at short notice and to support committed countries to reach the SE4All objectives. Examples of areas of support include:
- initial stocktaking, technical support in the elaboration and implementation of national energy sector policies and reforms;
- capacity building, particularly in the policy and regulatory areas;
- technical support in the preparation of investment projects,
- mobilisation of funds and facilitation of partnerships;
- industrial and technology cooperation;
- project demonstration.
Considering the specific needs and actual situation of the energy sector in the target countries, the assistance to the technical, economic and environmental preparatory work of energy investment projects, and in particular the identification and preparation of investment projects including the mobilisation of funds, facilitation of partnerships and leveraging of private investment, is central to the TAF.
Supervision of studies, supplies and construction works for transmission, distribution and rural electrification networks (PRETD) (2018-2019)
The objective of the Power Transmission and Distribution Networks Reinforcement Project (PRETD) is to develop and reinforce the power transmission and distribution facilities defined hereafter:
- creation of the Bingerville 220/20kV substation and restructuring of the Bingerville MV network;
- doubling of the Soubré-San Pedro 225 kV line and related works at the 225 kV substations of Soubré and San Pedro;
- construction of the Duékoué-Zagné 225 kV line, of the 225/33 kV substations of Duékoué and Zagné, and of the 33 kV Zagné-Taï line, and restructuring of the MV networks of Duékoué, Zagné and Taï;
- rural electrification of 252 localities, contributing to a rise in coverage in the country's west zone (Montagnes District) of 26.45%, i.e. a national increase of 3 points.
Project Implementation Consultant for the Golovnaya 240 MW Hydropower Plant Rehabilitation Project (2015-2022)
In the framework of the rehabilitation of the 240 MW hydropower plant of Golovnay in Tajikistan, the objective of the Consultant’s assignment is to assist the national electric utility, Barki Tojik, in setting up and carrying out this project
- For the turnkey contract for the rehabilitation of the hydraulic, electromechanical and civil engineering equipment, and of the control room, the Consortium is assisting the Client with procurement and carrying out the supervision of all works;
- For the turnkey contract for the rehabilitation of the plant’s 110 and 220 kV switchyards, the Consortium is preparing the pre-studies and bidding documents, assisting the Client with procurement, and then supervising the works.
Control and supervision of the extension, reinforcement and rehabilitation works on the distribution networks in the cities of Abidjan, Bouaké and San Pedro (ENERGOS) (2017-2022)
The project aims to strengthen electricity services in three of Côte d’Ivoire’s main cities. It is made up of: a ‘distribution network’ component, including the extension of HV and LV networks (lines and stations); a ‘public lighting’ component, to replace lamps by more economic models, and a component to train the Contracting Authority and Project Manager.
The Consultant is providing support services to the Contracting Authority and Project Manager for the control and supervision of the construction works of the first two components of the ENERGOS project, including revision of the technical studies, project management, administration of the contractors’ contracts, preparation and technical supervision of the works, their administrative and financial control, tests and provisional and definitive acceptance, and monitoring throughout the guarantee period.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +184.108.40.206.95.95|