|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
Training and Research Institute
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Technical assistance for a programme to support the reform of Morocco’s justice sector (2018-2020)
The overall objective of the EU's programme to support justice reform is to contribute to the reform of Morocco’s judicial system in order to heighten its efficiency.
- Provide assistance to the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) to: (i) support it in coordinating the implementation of priority activities to reform the judicial system and the EU programme to support the sector's reform (ii) help build up institutional capacities for the implementation of the Reform Charter; (iii) promote the coherence of the legal system vis-à-vis international standards and conventions ratified by Morocco in this field.
- Provide technical support to the MoJ, the Superior Council of the Judiciary and the Prosecutor General’s Office for the implementation of activities under the EU support programme, and to carry out studies, surveys, assessments, and training.
- Assist with communication activities as regards the justice reform in Morocco and the EU programme to support justice: development and implementation of a communication strategy and plan.
Technical assistance in support of the programme 'Supporting democracy — a citizens' organisations programme (including domestic observers groups)' (2015-2018)
The overall objective of the project is to support, develop and consolidate democracy by reinforcing an active role for civil society within the democratic cycle, in the countries selected in the framework the EU Agenda for Action on Democracy Support.
The purpose is to provide assistance to European Union Delegations (EUDs) in the target countries in order to:
- ensure the involvement of civil society in the EU democracy pilot exercise, in particular in the elaboration and implementation of the democracy action plans; and
- develop the capacity of civil society organisations working on the deepening of democracy in the target countries.
Strengthening the Lesotho justice sector (2013-2014)
The overall objective of the programme is to strengthen the rule of law in Lesotho. The purpose is to establish a professional, accessible and impartial justice sector. This project will contribute to this purpose by providing technical assistance to help reform the institutions in the justice sector.
Finalisation and operationalisation of the justice strategy (framework contract, lot 7) (2010)
In November 2005, the Ministry of Justice started to draft its strategy paper which needs to be finalised in line with the technical guidelines of the Ministry of Economy, Planning and Land Development, in two stages:
- External validation of the strategy through a seminar / workshop;
- The government’s formal adoption of the strategy.
The assignment’s overall objective is to produce an operational strategy paper for the justice sub-sector, with consensus support from all the sub-sector’s concerned actors, and formally adopted by the government.
Recruitment of the support unit and the short-term TA for the Prison System Reform Programme (2008-2014)
Support to the Ministry of Justice – Directorate General of the Prison and Reintegration Administration (DGAPR) – for the planning, implementation, management and monitoring of a EUR 17 million programme for the reform of the Algerian prison system. The programme’s objective is to modernise the prison system by improving the conditions of detention and modes of executing prison sentences and the social reintegration of prisoners with the support of other public and private actors, by optimising staff management and training, and consolidating the general security and management resources of the penitentiary establishments.
Technical assistance to the PMU for Support to the Modernisation of the Judicial System (AMSJ) (2007-2010)
Technical assistance to the Project Management Unit (PMU) for the implementation of the Support to the Modernisation of the Judicial System project (AMSJ) (total project value EUR 22 million). Improvement of the capacities of the judicial system (organisation, training, transparency). Providing the entire judicial system with IT management tools. Improvement of the documentary and archiving system.
Diagnostic study of the judicial and penitentiary systems (2007-2008)
Analysis of the judicial and penitentiary systems,
Recommendations for the reform of these systems and proposals for priority actions. Identification of accompanying actions (institutional tools and mechanisms, as well as the financing modes of the judicial and penitentiary systems, the quantity and quality of human resources, management and programming capacity, monitoring and evaluation, the adequacy of available material and infrastructures).
Belgium, China, United States, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Philippines, Rwanda
EIDHR Evaluation on the Abolition of Death Penalty projects (2006-2007)
Support to the European Commission to improve the impact of the EIDHR (European Initiative for Democracy and Human Rights) projects supporting civil society activities aiming at the abolition of the death penalty, by strengthening the Commission’s ability to draw on lessons learnt from past and ongoing interventions for future planning, programming and project identification.
Assessment of the effectiveness and relevance of the EIDHR funded projects in support of the implementation of the EU guidelines and policy on the death penalty.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +22.214.171.124.95.95|