|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Technical Assistance to the Management Unit of the Project for the Modernisation and Extension of Modibo Keita-Senou International Airport (2016-2017)
Within the framework of the completion of the Project for the Modernisation and Extension of Modibo Keita-Senou International Airport, the Government of the Republic of Mali decided to strengthen the Project Management Unit through support from two experts in project management, electricity and electronic networks, and IT.
Training was also prepared and delivered on numerous technical subjects related to airport operations.
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Technical Assistance for the Support Project on the Navigability of the River and Lake Routes in DR Congo (2013-2014)
The project is designed to support, via the EDF, the will of DR Congo to improve the navigability of a part of the domestic inland waterways.
It is implemented via the following approaches:
• Rehabilitation of the main routes of the middle reach: the Congo River between Kinshasa and Kisangani, the Kasaï River between Malela-Kwa and Ilebo and a part of Lake Tanganyika;
• Rehabilitation of certain main ports along this network;
• Staff refresher courses for the agencies in charge of navigability and of the lake and river infrastructures, thereby improving network management.
French Development Agency
Technical assistance to the contracting authority under the Programme for investment in Gabon’s basic education sector (PISE), construction of 13 schools (2019-2022)
- Support to manage and monitor the planning, identify new sites, and manage the overall financial envelope;
- Monitoring of the preparation of the construction programme;
- Follow-up, control and administrative, technical and budgetary monitoring of the works;
- Assistance with the provisional and final acceptance;
- Procurement of equipment;
- Commissioning of the infrastructure and maintenance equipment.
Technical assistance to ASECNA to strengthen its internal management capacity (2015-2018)
The overall objective of this project is to help strengthen ASECNA's (Agency for the safety of air navigation in Africa and Madagascar) internal management capacity, support the establishment of relevant methods, tools and techniques, and build its officers' skills in the areas covered by the project, to achieve the following objectives:
- ASECNA has efficient internal processes compliant with international standards in aviation safety and security, in the fields of internal control, safety management, environmental management, and occupational health and safety management;
- ASECNA has an IT masterplan;
- ASECNA has a new reliable and effective financial forecast model and stronger competence in evaluation and financial modelling;
- ASECNA’s project management is compliant with the applicable requirements in terms of quality, deadlines, performance and the environment, and in particular with the main funding agencies’ requirements;
- ASECNA has all relevant documentation needed to carry out its internal management tasks and staff training;
- The new internal management procedures are integrated into specific modules in ASECNA’s integrated management software.
Inspection and supervision of the consolidation and related works on the Bouar-Garoua Boulaï road (2015-2016)
Technical and administrative inspection and supervision of the development works on 30 km of roads and of the socio-economic infrastructure of the related developments.
Technical assistance to the Ministry of Public Works and Transport for the procurement and management of the implementation of the project for road rehabilitation and transport facilitation on the Lomé-Ouagadougou corridor (2013-2017)
The project consists in the rehabilitation of 303 km of substandard road - 150 km in Togo and 153 km in Burkina Faso, and in improving the facilitation of road transport and transit along the corridor.
The objective of the technical assistance is to support and build the capacity of the Directorate-General of Public Works in procurement and the monitoring of project implementation.
Technical assistance to the Ministry of Public Works (2012-2016)
Optimisation of road maintenance programming and planning.
Roll-out of the programme for the deconcentration of road network management.
Overall monitoring and management of all operations by the Ministry of Public Works (MINTP).
Network infrastructure regulatory development (2004-2007)
Assistance to AREM in: (1) identifying and implementing a regulatory framework for relevant network infrastructure conducive to economic efficiency and increased private investments; (2) implementing a cost-based tariff structure in the sectors covered by the project; (3) implementing organisational and institutional modifications, and; (4) providing on-going advice, support and training on network infrastructure regulation practices, in line with the best international practices.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +18.104.22.168.95.95|