|Consulting - Engineering - Training|
|References by geographical area|
|References by field of expertise|
SOFRECO is a highly international company in terms of its clients, its partners, the nationalities of its experts, its headquarters staff and its presence in numerous countries.
We have three types of clients: governments, administrations and public bodies; public and private companies; multilateral and bilateral development funding agencies.
SOFRECO employs several hundred senior and junior experts of various nationalities, the vast majority of whom are technical specialists
Needs assessment for the protection of vulnerable migrants (2020-2022)
The overall objective of this mission is to strengthen the European Union's support to protect migrants in Tunisia.
Final evaluation of the Gender programme (phases 1 and 2) (2020-2021)
The objective of this mission is to provide the stakeholders (EU, Central African Republic, Member States of the Bêkou Fund, the Ministry for the Promotion of Women, Family and Child Protection [MPFFPE], implementing partners, Central African civil society and final beneficiaries) with an overall analysis of the programme’s performance, lessons learned and related conclusions and recommendations.
One of the evaluation’s specific objectives is to help formulate subsequent action on gender to consolidate the achievements and ensure that they last. The analysis therefore focuses on explaining the performance of the action, and its decisive and constricting factors, and should enable forward-looking recommendations to be identified for all stakeholders.
The statement of lessons learned and good practices should act as a basis for the planning of the EU’s future actions and interventions.
Technical assistance for a programme to support the reform of Morocco’s justice sector (2018-2020)
The overall objective of the EU's programme to support justice reform is to contribute to the reform of Morocco’s judicial system in order to heighten its efficiency.
- Provide assistance to the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) to: (i) support it in coordinating the implementation of priority activities to reform the judicial system and the EU programme to support the sector's reform (ii) help build up institutional capacities for the implementation of the Reform Charter; (iii) promote the coherence of the legal system vis-à-vis international standards and conventions ratified by Morocco in this field.
- Provide technical support to the MoJ, the Superior Council of the Judiciary and the Prosecutor General’s Office for the implementation of activities under the EU support programme, and to carry out studies, surveys, assessments, and training.
- Assist with communication activities as regards the justice reform in Morocco and the EU programme to support justice: development and implementation of a communication strategy and plan.
Technical assistance in support of the programme 'Supporting democracy — a citizens' organisations programme (including domestic observers groups)' (2015-2019)
The overall objective of the project is to support, develop and consolidate democracy by reinforcing an active role for civil society within the democratic cycle, in the countries selected in the framework the EU Agenda for Action on Democracy Support.
The purpose is to provide assistance to European Union Delegations (EUDs) in the target countries in order to:
- ensure the involvement of civil society in the EU democracy pilot exercise, in particular in the elaboration and implementation of the democracy action plans; and
- develop the capacity of civil society organisations working on the deepening of democracy in the target countries.
Strengthening the Lesotho justice sector (2013-2014)
The overall objective of the programme is to strengthen the rule of law in Lesotho. The purpose is to establish a professional, accessible and impartial justice sector. This project will contribute to this purpose by providing technical assistance to help reform the institutions in the justice sector.
Finalisation and operationalisation of the justice strategy (framework contract, lot 7) (2010)
In November 2005, the Ministry of Justice started to draft its strategy paper which needs to be finalised in line with the technical guidelines of the Ministry of Economy, Planning and Land Development, in two stages:
- External validation of the strategy through a seminar / workshop;
- The government’s formal adoption of the strategy.
The assignment’s overall objective is to produce an operational strategy paper for the justice sub-sector, with consensus support from all the sub-sector’s concerned actors, and formally adopted by the government.
Recruitment of the support unit and the short-term TA for the Prison System Reform Programme (2008-2014)
Support to the Ministry of Justice – Directorate General of the Prison and Reintegration Administration (DGAPR) – for the planning, implementation, management and monitoring of a EUR 17 million programme for the reform of the Algerian prison system. The programme’s objective is to modernise the prison system by improving the conditions of detention and modes of executing prison sentences and the social reintegration of prisoners with the support of other public and private actors, by optimising staff management and training, and consolidating the general security and management resources of the penitentiary establishments.
Technical assistance to the PMU for Support to the Modernisation of the Judicial System (AMSJ) (2007-2010)
Technical assistance to the Project Management Unit (PMU) for the implementation of the Support to the Modernisation of the Judicial System project (AMSJ) (total project value EUR 22 million). Improvement of the capacities of the judicial system (organisation, training, transparency). Providing the entire judicial system with IT management tools. Improvement of the documentary and archiving system.
|92-98, boulevard Victor Hugo - 92115 CLICHY Cedex - FRANCE - Tel. +18.104.22.168.95.95|